Business casual men are always stylish and effortlessly cool, be it in the office or out and about with friends. They deftly combine comfortable clothes with key designer items, to achieve the perfect blend of smart business attire and fashionable streetwear. If you’d like to look just as sharp but are not sure where to start, we can help. Although it is always great to experiment with your style and try new things, there are several fashion faux pas that you should ideally avoid. To make things easier, we have created a short comprehensive list highlighting the hottest styles in men’s fashion at the moment. Let us be your guide in the world of smart street clothing and, before long, you will be one of the best-dressed business casual men out there.
Business Casual Men Work Hard and Play Hard
- No kids allowed – the business casual style is a look for grown-ups. It’s time to pack your Spiderman tees away and invest in some quality shirts, sweaters, cardigans, and vests;
- Keep it tight – opt for slim fit or skinny jeans! Needless to say, baggy trousers are a big no-no among working professionals. In it is also advisable to get a few pair of trousers in natural colors – sandy yellow or beige, for example. Grey is also an excellent choice, as it is very versatile and always looks smart;
- Step up to the plate with the right shoes – all business casual men have something in common – a great taste in footwear. Be like them and choose comfortable shoes made from high-quality materials. They might be expensive but it will be so worth it in the long run. Loafers and brogues are especially trendy at the moment. If you’re feeling brave, spice up your business casual look with sneakers in eye-catching colors;
- Stay classy – there is a good reason the shirt/sweater/blazer combo is so popular: it works. Besides, it looks great with jeans as well as smart trousers. A truly comfy, versatile and professional look;
- Don’t be a fashion victim – trends come and go but the style is always in vogue. Avoid garish fads and choose classic looks which have stood the test of time;
- Accessorize, accessorize, accessorize – it’s the 21st century and yet there are still men out there who avoid bags and jewelry. This is a real shame because even something as little as a handkerchief can add a lot of character to your outfit. Bracelets, sunglasses, scarves and quality leather bags belong in every gentleman’s closet.
A fine example of the importance of quality shoes and accessories
We fully agree with costume designer Edith Head, who once said that “You can have anything you want. If you dress for it.” One should never underestimate the significance of a stylish outfit. Business casual men know that those who take care of their appearance feel more confident, regardless of what life throws at them. In addition, well-dressed people are more likely to make a good first impression, which is incredibly important in our busy day and age. So, what are you waiting for? Get inspired by our selection of business casual outfits and discover your own unique style.
Daniel Craig sporting sunglasses with a smart blazer
Stay warm and stylish in winter with a classy woolen coat
Another timeless winter look
A great video with useful style tips
A comfortable ensemble for spring or summer days
Feeling comfortable in the dynamic world of business is an absolute must
Don’t forget to style your hair accordingly! Styling your locks is just as important as picking the right outfit
Layering is a great way to spice up your look in winter
Look great wherever you go – you never know what can happen or whom you will meet
Cool suggestion for casual Friday
Choose a smart, functional jacket for business trips outside of town
As long as you feel confident and comfortable, you are certain to look good
Compliment your style with quality shoes in different colors
Red signifies confidence and courage and is sure to attract attention
We love this stylish combination of color-coordinated wristwatch, bracelets, and belt!
Sunglasses are indispensable, regardless of the season
Classic suits look great and are virtually timeless…
…while fashion fads come and go
Haute couture from Valentino – dazzling and artistic but utterly impractical for most of us!
Black blazer, paired up with shirt and jeans – a classic business casual look
Reclaim the bowtie!
Classy and discreet male jewelry
Variety is the spice of life! Diversify your closet with cardigans and blazers in different colors
Wondering what to wear today?
Be stylish, even when you travel
Suit and sneakers – smart business style with a brave casual twist
Distressed jeans and a classic black blazer – the best of both worlds
Stylish wristwatches with wooden details – the perfect finishing touch to your business casual outfit
Another cool, versatile getup
We love this subtle and chic outfit
A little node to the ladies who like incorporating male clothing items into their style!
Nothing beats a classic black outfit, especially in colder weather
Leather accessories highlight on masculinity
These comfy lace-up shoes will put a spring to your step
Keep warm on the way to the office
Colorful bracelets are in at the moment! Combine them with a classy watch for maximum effect
Beard, suspenders, and tattoos – the modern businessman knows how to accessorize
You really can’t go wrong with business casual!
Headphones, stylish glasses or a backpack – there are many cool accessories you can choose
Bracelets make plain outfits more interesting
Important business meeting in the city? No problem!
Business casual ladies also look great with distressed jeans
Wear a vintage leather jacket for an effortlessly cool look with a rebellious twist
This unique knitted cardigan is the perfect statement piece for chilly autumn days
Trendy and stylish at the office
Your office clothes should be comfortable – after all, you spend most of your day there
Cool outfit idea for young businessmen
James Bond never takes his business casual clothes off – not even at the beach
Color-coordinated bag, shoes, and glasses
And, finally, an image showing the female equivalent of the casual business men – the modern and dynamic businesswoman