Try This Amazing Sweet And Crunchy Tofu Recipe
Are you looking for some healthy, high-protein side dish to add to any meal? This Korean-inspired, super sweet and crunchy tofu recipe is crispy, flavorful, easy to make and absolutely delicious! You can even make this ahead of the week and enjoy it with your meals for some extra crunch and protein. Absolutely delicious! And the best part about it is that it takes no more than 30 minutes. It’s the perfect choice for when you want a fast lunch or dinner. Pair it with some rice, noodles, veggies, or anything you feel like. Let’s see how to make it.
Are you looking for some healthy, high-protein side dish to add to any meal?
Having a quick look through how the recipe should go is always a good way to ensure no mistakes will happen during the cooking process. That’s why we’ve created a simple, quick tutorial for you to watch before tackling this recipe on your own. It will help give you a sense of direction and how the steps go, so you don’t worry during the process.
Check out how to make this delicious crispy tofu
Sweet and Crunchy Tofu Recipe
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Stove top
- Cutting Board
- 350 grams Tofu
- 1/4 cup Cornstarch
- 1 tsp Soy Sauce
- 1/2 Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil
For the sauce:
- 60 ml Sesame Oil
- 1/2 cup Cane Sugar
- 60 ml Ketchup
In the pan:
- 1 Yellow Onion, chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 Red Pepper, chopped
- Seasoned Tofu
- Tofu Sauce
- Fresh Green Onions, chopped
- Sesame Seed Mix
- Take your tofu and divide it with your hands into smaller pieces into a bowl. You can also cut it if you want more precise pieces.
- To the tofu, add the cornstarch, garlic powder, and black pepper. Then mix everything well, to ensure the tofu is all coated.
- Take a pan and place it on the stove top on medium heat. Add the sesame oil.
- When the oil has started heating up, add in the coated tofu and mix.
- To the tofu, add the soy sauce. Once again mix everything and make sure the tofu gets coated in the soy sauce. Cook the tofu on all of its sides.
- While the tofu is cooking, take a bowl and in it mix the sesame oil, cane sugar and ketchup.
- To the tofu in the pan, add the chopped yellow onion, garlic, and pepper. Cook for at least 2 minutes, until the onions and the peppers have started to get softer.
- To the tofu, onions, and peppers add the sauce mixture. Coat everything in the mixture and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Serve the tofu and garnish with some green onions. Sprinkle some sesame seed mix and enjoy!
First step: Take your tofu and divide it with your hands into smaller pieces into a bowl
Second step: To the tofu, add the cornstarch, garlic powder, and black pepper
Third step: Then mix everything well, to ensure the tofu is all coated
Fourth step: Take a pan and place it on the stove top on medium heat, add sesame oil and tofu
Fifth step: To the tofu, add the soy sauce
Sixth step: Once again mix everything and make sure the tofu gets coated in the soy sauce
Seventh step: While the tofu is cooking, take a bowl and in it mix the sesame oil, cane sugar and ketchup
Eighth step: To the tofu in the pan, add the chopped yellow onion, garlic, and pepper
Ninth step: To the tofu, onions, and peppers add the sauce mixture
Tenth step: Coat everything well
Eleventh step: Serve the tofu and garnish with some green onions and sesame mix
Twelfth step: Enjoy!
Tips and Tricks
Every recipe has its own little secrets. You know, all those little details, substitutions, and tricks that can make it taste not just “good”, but amazing. These little things that can help you make the final product divine and can help you give the confidence to experiment with your cooking and learn. That’s why here we want to share with you all the details you need to know to make this amazing crispy and sweet tofu just perfect and how to make it to your liking. Always remember that in the end cooking is a form of art, and you are the artist. This means you can change, add, or remove anything you like to this recipe. Just make sure the end product is to your taste bud’s liking.
Every recipe has its own little secrets
While you may be tempted to grab any other tofu, it’s important to make sure you are getting the firm kind. Soft tofu won’t do you any good for this recipe, and it won’t be as convenient. So, we highly recommend sticking to firm tofu for this recipe.
Always remember that in the end cooking is a form of art, and you are the artist
This delightful tofu goes with pretty much anything and is an excellent choice of protein for your meal. If you enjoyed making this yummy recipe, make sure to check out what over treats we have to offer over on our YouTube Channel. And if you need even more inspiration, just take a look on our website. We have a recipe for every craving. Want some sweetness in your life? These blueberry baked oatmeal bars are just the thing you need. Or maybe you are searching for a savory, easy dinner recipe?Then make sure to try this black miso pasta with juicy mushrooms! There is something for everyone, just take your pick. Oh, and make sure to let us know what you thought of this recipe, as well as what you would like to see from us next time over in our YouTube comments.
This delightful tofu goes with pretty much anything and is an excellent choice of protein for your meal
- Grandmothers Semmelknödel – The Best German Bread Dumplings
- The Best Mediterranean Recipe: Crispy Roasted Cod
- Creamy and Rich Coconut Shrimp Soup
- The Creamiest, Easiest Broccoli Cheddar Soup