Are you a fan of Mediterranean food? Are you craving something healthy, light and delicious? Well, you’ve come to the right place. This crispy roasted cod recipe is the perfect amount of satisfying and delicious, and it’s packed with flavor! It’s a great choice both for lunch and dinner. This dish is super easy to make, takes no more than half an hour and pairs beautifully with some veggies on the side. Our mouths are watering just thinking about it. So, if you are in the mood for something healthy, filling and that will make your taste buds explode with delight, try out this recipe. Enjoy!
This crispy roasted cod recipe is the perfect amount of satisfying and delicious
We don’t know about you, but we love to look at a video guide before tackling on a recipe. That’s why we’ve created an easy-to-follow video tutorial for this delightful roasted cod recipe. Having a visual guide can really help you understand the process, feel more confident while cooking and eliminates any worries of possible mistakes. So, let’s see how to make this crispy cod.
Make sure to give this video a look before starting to cook
Crispy Roasted Cod Recipe
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- Stove Top
- Measuring Spoons
- Measuring Cups
- Baking Pan
- Serving Plate
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 250 grams Cod Fillet
- Black Pepper, ground
- 200 grams Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- 1 Yellow Onion, chopped
- 4 Green Onions, chopped
- 100 grams Whole Wheat Bread Crumbs
- 1 tsp Lovage, dried
- 1 tsp Oregano, dried
- 1 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- Roasted Cod Fillet
- Fresh Chives
- Prepare your ingredients by halving the cherry tomatoes, cutting the onion into circles and chopping the green onion.
- Then take a pan and put it on medium heat on the stove top.
- In the pan, pour the olive oil and heat it up.
- Place the cod fillets in the pan and sprinkle some salt and black pepper onto them.
- Then cook the fillets for around two minutes on each side. Let them sear. When you turn the fillet the first time, make sure to sprinkle some salt and pepper on the other side as well.
- Take the cod fillets out of the pan and place them in a baking pan.
- To the pan add the halved cherry tomatoes, chopped onion, and chopped green onion. Mix everything well and let the ingredients cook until they have softened, and the onions have achieved a beautiful golden color.
- In a bowl mix together the whole wheat bread crumbs, the lovage and the oregano. Mix everything well.
- Now it’s time to turn our attention to the cod fillet in the baking pan. Take around a spoonful of the cherry tomato, onion mixture and place it upon one of the fillets. Then repeat with the other.
- Sprinkle a heaping spoonful of the crumbs mixture on top of each cod fillet.
- Then bake the fillets at 200 degrees C° or 380 degrees F° for around twenty minutes.
- Take your serving plate and create a beautiful circle with the balsamic vinegar. Place the fillet in the middle of the circle and garnish with some fresh chives. Enjoy!
First step: Take a pan and put it on medium heat on the stove top with oil
Second step: Place the cod fillets in the pan
Third step: Sprinkle some salt and black pepper onto the fillets
Fourth step: Cook the fillets for around two minutes on each side
Fifth step: Make sure to sprinkle some salt and pepper on the other side as well
Sixth step: Take the cod fillets out of the pan and place them in a baking pan
Seventh step: To the pan add the halved cherry tomatoes, chopped onion, and chopped green onion
Eighth step: Mix everything well
Ninth step: Let the ingredients cook until they have softened, and the onions have achieved a golden color
Tenth step: In a bowl mix together the whole wheat bread crumbs, the lovage and the oregano
Eleventh step: Take around a spoonful of the cherry tomato, onion mixture and place it upon one of the fillets
Twelfth step: Sprinkle a heaping spoonful of the crumbs mixture on top of each cod fillet
Thirteenth step: Then bake the fillets at 200 degrees C° or 380 degrees F° for around twenty minutes
Fourteenth step: Take your serving plate and create a beautiful circle with the balsamic vinegar
Fifteenth step: Place the fillet in the middle of the circle and garnish with some fresh chives. Enjoy!
Tips and Tricks
Every recipe has its own tricks up its sleeve. You know, all those little details, substitutions, and tricks that can make it taste not just “good”, but amazing. These little things that can help you make the final product divine and can help you give the confidence to experiment with your cooking and learn. That’s why here we want to share with you all the details you need to know to make this crispy, crunchy, roasted cod just perfect and how to make it to your liking. Always remember that in the end cooking is a form of art, and you are the artist. This means you can change, add, or remove anything you like to this recipe. Just make sure the end product is to your taste bud’s liking.
If you don’t have any cod on hand, you can substitute it with some pollock, tilapia, haddocck
If you don’t have any cod on hand, you can substitute it with some pollock, tilapia, haddocck or pretty much any white fillet fish. Just make sure it’s white and preferably only the fillet. As this recipe does not work best with the whole fish.
You can spice up your bread crumb mixture even more by adding some parmesan, some hot paprika, some chili peppers, or so on. You can add pretty much any seasoning you wish, just make sure it goes with the fish.
Spice up your bread crumb mixture with more spices
We hope you love this recipe as much as we do. This crispy, hearty cod is a great choice for both lunch and dinner and always delights our taste buds. If you did enjoy this delicious recipe, make sure to check out what other tasty treats we have over on our YouTube Channel. You can also find more food inspiration on our website. We have a recipe for every craving, in need of something sweet – this soft and gooey chocolate brownie is just the thing you need. Or maybe you are in the mood for a savory treat – this easy, creamy coconut shrimp soup is a must-try. Just take your pick! Make sure to let us know what you would like to see from us next time over in our YouTube comments, as well as what you thought of this recipe. Till next time!
This crispy, hearty cod is a great choice for both lunch and dinner