There is nothing better than a nutritious and delicious breakfast that you can make in no time. And, oat breakfast bars are exactly that! These gluten-free blueberry baked oatmeal bars are absolutely heavenly. They are soft, and sweet, filled with plump fresh blueberries, and drizzled with creamy peanut butter. The best part about these breakfast bars is that they only take half an hour to make in total! So, if you are looking for a healthy breakfast that you can whip up in no time, then these blueberry breakfast bars are just the thing you need! Continue reading, to find the full recipe, as well as some valuable tips and tricks.
These are the most delicious gluten-free blueberry baked oatmeal bars
These gluten-free blueberry breakfast bars are absolutely to die for. They are the perfect breakfast option for kids, as well as for those of you who love a sweet snack first thing in the morning. The best part is that you can actually make these oatmeal breakfast bars in advance, and then keep them in the fridge for a couple of days. That way, you can easily grab a breakfast bar on the go, and keep it in your bag for whenever you are ready to eat it! In addition, this recipe is gluten-free and dairy-free, which is perfect for those of you following a vegan lifestyle. So, if you are someone who wants to eat healthy, while still enjoying yourself, then this is the recipe for you! Without further ado, let’s grab our spatulas and make this healthy sweet breakfast idea!
These are the softest blueberry oatmeal breakfast bars
Blueberries, peanut butter, and coconut shavings all combined into the perfect breakfast bars
Recipe for Gluten-Free Blueberry Baked Oatmeal with Peanut Butter
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
You only need half an hour to make this super easy breakfast idea
Things you will need:
- a medium-sized bowl
- a fork (for mashing the banana)
- a spoon
- a small baking tray
- a knife
- a silicone brush (optional)
- a dish
- a ripe banana – 1 pcs.
- gluten-free oatmeal – 100g
- soy milk – 200ml (or any other plant-based milk alternative of your choice)
- fresh blueberries – 100g
- coconut chips – 50g
- agave syrup – 50ml (you can use honey, as well)
- melted coconut butter – 1-2 tbsp
- peanut butter (for serving)
Gather all of the ingredients and let’s make some blueberry breakfast bars
- First, prepare all the ingredients in the necessary quantities. This will make the whole process easier.
- Then take a ripe banana, and place it in the bowl. Mash it gently using a fork until the mixture becomes somewhat smooth.
- After that, add the gluten-free oatmeal to the bowl. Next, pour in the soy milk or whatever milk you are using.
- After that, add the washed fresh blueberries, and the coconut shavings, Finish off by adding the agave syrup.
- Then mix everything together. If you want more blueberry color, smash some of the berries with the fork.
- After that, grease your baking tray with some melted coconut oil.
- Then pour in the oatmeal batter, and use a spatula to gently flatten it.
- Next, bake at 180 Degrees C for around 20 minutes.
- Then take out the baked blueberry oatmeal and use a knife to cut it into bars.
- Finally, place the bars in a dish, drizzle with some creamy peanut butter, and voilà!
Voilà! Your blueberry oatmeal breakfast bars are all done!
1 Step: First, prepare all the ingredients in the necessary quantities. Then take a ripe banana, and place it in the bowl.
2 Step: Mash it gently using a fork until the mixture becomes somewhat smooth.
3 Step: After that, add the gluten-free oatmeal to the bowl.
4 Step: Next, pour in the soy milk or whatever milk you are using.
5 Step: After that, add the washed fresh blueberries…
6 Step: And the coconut shavings.
7 Step: Finish off by adding the agave syrup.
8 Step: Then mix everything together.
9 Step: If you want more blueberry color, smash some of the berries with the fork.
10 Step: After that, grease your baking tray with some melted coconut oil.
11 Step: Then pour in the oatmeal batter, and use a spatula to gently flatten it.
12 Step: Next, bake at 180 Degrees C for around 20 minutes.
13 Step: Leave the baking tray to cool off for a bit.
14 Step: Then take out the baked blueberry oatmeal and use a knife to cut it into bars.
15 Step: Finally, place the bars in a dish of your choice.
16 Step: Drizzle with some creamy peanut butter, and voilà!
And just like that, you have the perfect healthy breakfast bars in front of you
Make sure to enjoy them while they are still warm for the ultimate experience
Tips and Tricks
Use overripe bananas for extra sweetness
If you want to eat healthily and avoid sugar and sweeteners, there is no better thing to use than overripe bananas. They are a lot sweeter than normal bananas, so they act as a natural sweetener in baking recipes! This is one of the best alternatives to sugar and sweet syrups. Another idea is to use dates instead of sugar, since they are very sweet naturally. In this recipe, overripe bananas will work perfectly to sweeten your blueberry baked oat bars.
Switch up the fruits and toppings
Instead of using fresh blueberries, try switching it up. You can try fresh strawberries and raspberries, which will perfectly complement the banana! Also, you can switch the coconut shavings for some almonds! Just think about your favorite sweet toppings, and add them to this recipe. That way, you will never get bored with eating the same old breakfast bars all the time!
Make it in advance
As we already mentioned above, these breakfast bars are the perfect recipe to make in advance. True, they only take about half an hour to prepare, but sometimes you are in a rush, and even that is too much time to waste. Nevertheless, it is important to not neglect your nutrition and still find time for a healthy breakfast. So, make these oatmeal breakfast bars in advance, and keep them in the fridge for up to three days. What’s more, these bars are the perfect snack to grab on the go and keep in your bag for when you are ready for breakfast!
Switch up the toppings, so you never get bored of this delicious and healthy recipe
That was the end of our delicious journey! Make sure to check out the rest of our yummy recipes on our cooking and baking YouTube channel! There you will find so many unique and tasty recipes to try out like this Chewy Salted Peanut Butter and Chocolate Fudge (dairy-free & gluten-free) or this Healthy Gluten-Free Pumpkin Pancakes (super healthy & fluffy). You can find everything from healthy dessert dupes to well-known classic dishes with a twist. Make sure to let us know what you think of this recipe in the comments below the video. And, while you are there, tell us what else you would like to see us make next! Now enjoy this yummy gluten-free blueberry baked oatmeal!
Your sweet blueberry oatmeal breakfast bars are ready to be devoured!
- Gluten-Free Blackberry Mug Cake with Coconut Milk & Bilberry Powder
- Super Soft & Chocolatey Gluten-Free Air-Fryer Brownie (30-minute recipe)
- This Coconut Rice Pudding Cake Recipe is Fluffy and Super Aromatic
- Best Air Fryer Caramelized Peaches: Easy and Delicious