It is never too early to start planning for Halloween. Unfortunately, after the year we have had, it might be impossible to throw a real party. That doesn’t matter, though, because the spirit of Halloween will live for as long as there are people who absolutely adore this spooky holiday. So, who can stop you from decorating your home and choosing your costume. After all, you don’t even have to go out and people can still enjoy your disguise. In this digital era we live in, you can absolutely dress up and take the cutest pictures which are going to gather so many likes on social media. Which is why, without further ado we present to you family Halloween costume ideas for Insta-worthy pictures.
Daenerys Targaryen a.k.a. The Mother of Dragons, Khal Drogo and their little dragons – super creative Halloween costumes
Family Halloween costumes staple – what better disguise than the Addams family
Kourtney Kardashian and Scott Disick with their kids Mason, Penelope and Reign dressed as Spider-man, Captain America, Black Panther, Black Widow and Falcon
Costume idea for everyone who loves Back to the Future
The iconic Barbie and Ken costumes by Beyonce and Jay-Z
Cute family dressed as circus artists
Cops and robbers
Stranger Things became a cultural phenomenon, so why not dress your family as characters from the show
This dad was obviously attacked by vicious sharks
That is one spooky family
And don’t forget to dress up your dog – it will be especially easy if it looks like an Ewok
DIY family Halloween costume ideas – care bears
DIY family Halloween costume ideas
- felt (white, red, yellow)
- white hoodie
- yellow liquid dye
- 1 white pipe cleaner
- yellow yarn
- orange puff paint
- no-sew permanent fabric glue
- Dye the hoodie in the desired color according to package instructions. Rinse and hang to dry.
- Cut a white felt circle which fits at the front of the hoodie. Then, cut a smaller circle out of yellow felt. Glue the yellow circle in the middle of the white one.
- Use the puff paint to draw a sun around the yellow felt circle. Once it is dry, glue to the front of the hoodie
4. Out of the yellow felt cut 4 ear shapes with tabs at the bottom. Then, cut 2 smaller inner-ear shapes out of the white felt, again with tabs at the bottom. Measure and cut the pipe cleaner so it fits inside each ear. Sandwich it between two yellow ear shapes and glue the pieces together. Then, glue the white inner-ear shapes to the yellow felt, as shown in the photos below.
5. Put on the hoodie and mark where the ears are supposed to go using a pencil. Then, make small slits, which are smaller than the tabs on the ears. Place the ears inside the slits and glue each side of the tab to the inside of the hoodie as shown in the photos below. You can even glue a small piece of felt on top just in case.
6. Make a pom pom out of the yarn and glue to the back of the hoodie for a tail. You can also add a small heart out of felt.
Make these simple costumes for the whole family
Source: See Vanessa Craft
Finding Nemo inspired costumes
Neil Patrick Harris and David Burtka are the kings of Halloween
DIY space costumes
DIY family Halloween costumes
- metallic silver spray paint
- for the dad costume: glasses, jacket, pants, boots, gloves
- for the mom costume: dress, leggings, shoes, wig
- the boys’ costumes: gloves, boots, PJ onesies, duct tape, plastic globes and thick foam for the helmets; wood skewer and foam balls and sheet for the antenna; space guns
- For the mom and dad costumes just spray everything with the silver metallic spray paint.
- For the boys’ costumes cover the PJ onesies with duct tape (this will make them look more futuristic).
3. To make the helmets cut the bottom of the globes so that it fits over the kids’ heads, sand it and create air holes all over it. Cut a rim out of the thick foam to go around the bottom of the glove and then two pieces for the back and the front to hold the helmet in place. Spray paint the foam.
4. For the antenna, cut a foam ball in half and attach to the bottom of the skewer. Add three small circles from a foam sheet, then add the foam ball on top.
Source: Tell Love And Party
A family of superheroes – Batman and Cat Woman with Spider-man and two Wonder Women
This cool family looks super cute in their The Incredibles costumes
DIY Family Halloween costume ideas – fun sushi chef costumes
Fun DIY family Halloween costume ideas
For the baby sushi costume:
- All white outfit
- orange t-shirt
- wide elastic black belt
- salmon colored felt
- small rectangular pillow or a towel you can fold and wrap in the orange t-shirt
- hot glue gun
- safety pins
- Wrap the orange t-shirt around the pillow or the folded towel, using safety pins.
- Out of the felt cut strips and glue them to the top of the pillows as shown in the photo.
- Place the pillows on your baby’s belly and secure it in place with the elastic belt.
For the mom’s soy sauce costume:
- soy sauce logos
- black skirted apron
- black felt
- plain black outfit
- carton box
- red felt
- hot glue gun
- safety pins
- Print out the logos and cut them out. Glue them to the black felt and attach them to the apron using safety pins.
- Cut out a long strip out of the carton box for the crown and glue the ends together. Wrap red felt around them, using hot glue.
- All that is left to do is put on your black outfit, put the apron on top and the crown on your head.
For the dad’s sushi chef costume:
- sushi chef top
- plain black chef’s cap
- black pants and sneakers
Assemble the costumes and enjoy Halloween
Source: Extra Petite
The Wizard of Oz inspired costumes for the whole family
Who you gonna call?
What even is Halloween without Harry Potter costumes
Kim Kardashian with her beautiful kids North, Chicago, Psalm and Saint, dressed as The Flintstones