According to many dietologists, breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Not only dies it give us the fuel that helps our body wake up, but also helps us prepare for the challenges of the day ahead. It is therefore incredibly important to carefully choose the food we consume in the morning. Grabbing a croissant, sandwich or donut might sound easy and tempting, but in the long run, these choices will have a negative effect on your energy levels, concentration and overall health. Unfortunately, in our buys day and age, not all of us have the time to prepare elaborate morning meals. If you are one of the many busy and hardworking people out there – fear not! We have selected 80 great healthy breakfast ideas that are incredibly easy to make. We have even included the recipes for our favorite morning dishes, which we are sure you’ll enjoy!
Basil pesto with avocado recipe
- 2 avocados
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 70 gr raw cashew
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/2 tbsp cumin
- 50 ml olive oil
The ingredients are quite simple for this easy recipe
Chop the avocado into cubes
Squeeze the juice from half a lemon
Blend all the ingredients together
Now you have a delicious and healthy spread for your breakfast
Spread it onto the bread
Garnish with halved cherry tomatoes
And anything else that you love to eat really
Here is a super quick and easy breakfast for those mornings when you are in a rush
Net pancakes recipe – gluten free Roti Jala
- 100gr rice flour
- 100gr cornstarch
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp oil
- 200ml coconut milk
- 200ml water
- powdered sugar
In a bowl, mix the flour, cornstarch and turmeric, add the eggs and oil and whisk together
Add the milk and water and stir until fully incorporated
Transfer to a piping bag or bottle and pour into the pan as shown
Cook for 3-4 minutes on one side
Roll them with strawberries in the middle and dust with powdered sugar
Delicious and easy
You can’t have healthy breakfast ideas without lots and lots of fruit!
Cereals are usually a great breakfast choice, but you should always carefully check their labels before buying, as some brands include loads of sugar and harmful additives
This is what a healthy start of the day looks like
And now on to our first recipe – green energy boosting smoothie!
- A handful of fresh spinach
- 3 kiwis
- 1 cucumber
- 1 apple
- 1/2 lime
- 1-2 celery sticks
- a few blades of parsley or mint
- seeds or nuts of your choice
- Juice the apple and 1/2 lime and pour them into your blender
- Add the chopped cucumber, kiwi, and spinach
- If desired, sprinkle seeds or nuts of your choice, or throw in some celery sticks/mint/parsley, depending on your preference
- Blend everything well
- Enjoy your fresh and healthy smoothie! For more awesome smoothie ideas and recipes, check out our special article.
Smoothies are a great choice for busy mornings – just throw the ingredients in the blender and enjoy a fresh vitamin boost!
Fresh, quick, yummy!
You can add any toppings of your choice – seeds, parsley or even mint leaves
This cool video has five great green smoothie recipes:
Our next recipe is both super easy and simply scrumptious – buckwheat mush with cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup of buckwheat
- 1 cup of milk (you can use either plain or almond milk)
- some sugar
- a pinch of salt
- 1 cup of fresh cranberries
- toppings of your choice (pumpkin seeds or filed almonds, for example)
- Rinse the buckwheat well, and soak it in a dish of water overnight
- In the morning, pour the cranberries in a pan, and add 1/4 cup of water, along with 1/4 cup of brown sugar.
- Bring the pot to a boil and cook for several minutes until your cranberries are nice and soft, and the texture is gooey and jam-like
- Now, drain the buckwheat and put it into a pan, sprinkling a pinch of salt on top
- Add the milk, along with 1 1/2 tablespoons of sugar, and then bring the mix to a boil
- Stir constantly and cook until most of the liquid has been absorbed
- Serve in a plate or bowl, with a spoonful of cranberry sauce and toppings of your choice.
Cranberries are a great antioxidant food that is sadly very underrated
Doesn’t this look absolutely delectable?
Healthy breakfast ideas – delicious buckwheat much with cranberries
Overnight oats are yummy and very good for you! learn how to make them in the video bellow
And now a little something for those of you who prefer savory foods – pouched egg with avocado and cherry tomatoes
- 1 medium size avocado
- 1 large egg
- a few cherry tomatoes on the vine
- bread of your choice (if desired)
- condiments of your choice (salt, black pepper, chili flakes, a dash of lemon juice, etc)
This is perhaps the simplest of all of today’s recipes. The only trick is getting the poached egg just right!
- Take a cooking pan and half fill it with water, then add a pinch of salt, and bring to a light boil
- Prepare the egg by cracking it into a dish, and only then pour it into the boiling water
- It should take about 2-3 minutes for the egg to cook well but depending on your preference, you can wait a minute less or more
- While the egg is boiling, peel your avocado, slice it into thin pieces, and arrange them on a plate. If desired, you can place them on a piece of bread.
- Once the egg is done, carefully take it out of the pan and drain the excess water
- Serve the egg on top of the avocado slices, and sprinkle with condiments of your choice.
If you need some professional egg pouching tips – Jamie is here to help!
The avocado is a superfood with loads of great health benefits!
Sometimes simple is best!
And now enjoy some of our great healthy breakfast ideas!
Who said healthy food can’t be indulgent? We are in love with this yummy pumpkin parfait
A beautiful Mediterranean breakfast
Guacamole toast can be combined with so many different flavors and toppings!
Peanut butter and banana toast with a hearty dash of cinnamon, and some frozen raspberries
Yoghurt with muesli, a selection of seeds and fresh blueberries – a true breakfast classic
Doesn’t this raspberry and banana porridge look just irresistible?
Omelettes are one of our favorite healthy breakfast ideas – as long as you substitute fatty meats and cheeses with fresh veg
Even waffles can be ok for breakfast, as long a you stay off the jam and chocolate, and opt for fruit instead!
Are your little ones fussy eaters? Make breakfast more fun with these cute ideas:
Pumpkin spice overnight oats – yes, please!
So many (healthy) options to choose from…
Baked apple with walnuts and honey – YUM!
Another irresistible poached egg suggestions
Fruit salad with muesli and yoghurt on the side – one of the easiest and most nutritious healthy breakfast ideas
If you simply can’t resist having chocolate every now and then, make sure to choose a brand that uses healthy coconut butter, as opposed to palm oil
A good breakfast should keep you full until lunch
Whole grain bread with a spinach spread and boiled eggs
How cool is this apple sandwich with peanut butter and assorted seeds?
Pancakes with yoghurt, honey and fresh fruit
We hope you’ve enjoyed our ideas! Stay healthy!