While you may be familiar with rosemary in the kitchen, you may not have known it’s a powerful hair elixir. This beautiful green, leafy herb has a ton of antioxidant properties that can do wonders for your hair. And the best part is that it’s both safe and effective. Plus, making rosemary water at home is a breeze, so it’s also super cheap. Sounds magical, because it is. That’s why today we want to show you what benefits you can get from it, as well as how to make it and how to use rosemary water for hair in general.
This beautiful green, leafy herb has a ton of antioxidant properties
There are many benefits to using rosemary water for your hair, and there seem to be no side effects. Plus, it’s suuuuper easy to make. It’s an all-natural hair elixir. This super common and easily accessible herb with its deep, pungent smell can help your hair in ways you’ve never even imagined. Here are just some benefits you will reap:
There are many benefits to using rosemary water for your hair
#Reduce Hair Loss
Rosemary is a really rich and potent in antioxidants such as carnosol and carnosic acid. These antioxidants are amazing at getting rid of the free radicals that damage the hair follicles and lead to hair loss. Some studies even show that rosemary is just as effective as commercial drugs for hair loss.
Rosemary is a really rich and potent in antioxidants such as carnosol and carnosic acid
#Help Hair Growth
But not only does rosemary stop hair loss, but it also accelerates hair growth! This magic herb helps to boost blood flow to the scalp, which means that more vital nutrients, along with oxygen are delivered to the hair follicles. And when the follicles are thriving, they are also producing strong, long, healthy hair growth.
But not only does rosemary stop hair loss, but it also accelerates hair growth
#Emchance Shine and Volume
Rosemary can even act as a natural conditioner for your hair. It also nourishes it, which means it adds a natural shine and texture to your hair. Thanks to rosemary, it also makes the hair more manageable.
Rosemary can even act as a natural conditioner for your hair
How To Make Rosemary Water For Hair Growth
Okay, now that we know what we can use this amazing water for, let’s see how to make it. The great thing about rosemary water is how simple the process is. While it takes around an hour, you don’t really have to do all that much.
@kayli.boyle such an amazing natural way to help with hair growth🏻🌿 #hairtok #haircare #hairgrowth #hairloss #rosemarywater ♬ original sound – Music table
Cooking Time: 1 hour
- A pot
- Bowl/Jar/Cup with spout
- 5 Rosemary Sprigs
- 2 Cups Distilled Water
- Take your rosemary sprigs. You can use more or less depending on how potent you would like your water to be. Gently rinse the sprigs to remove any debris.
- Then put the sprigs in the pot alongside the water and bring everything to a boil. If the water doesn’t cover the sprigs, add some more.
- After the mixture is brought to a boil, let it simmer for around fifteen to twenty minutes. The water will start to turn a yellow/green color. If you want a stronger formula you can let the rosemary simmer for up to two hours.
- When the fifteen to twenty minutes have passed, remove the pot from the stove and let the rosemary continue to steep for around half an hour. The water will start to get darker and rosier over time.
- Finally, strain the mixture and pour it into a jar/spray bottle/normal bottle, depending on what you are going to use it for. Take your sieve and the bowl with a spout and strain the rosemary, as well as any residues that have appeared during the boiling process. Repeat this until you are left only with infused water.
You can cut some rosemary springs from your own garden
How To Use Rosemary Water
There are several different ways you can use rosemary water. It really all depends on your preferences and what’s going to be most comfortable for you. There are three common ways of application, and you can use all of them at the same time.
There are several different ways you can use rosemary water
You can pour your water into a spray bottle and use it as hair spray. This way you will be able to enjoy a mess-free application while still enjoying all the benefits that rosemary water can give. You can also use it on the daily.
You can pour your water into a spray bottle and use it as hair spray
#Into Your Shampoo
While adding other liquids to your shampoo isn’t usually recommended, we can make an exception for rosemary water. And it actually works quite well. This way you will be able to reap all the benefits of the rosemary alongside those supplied by your shampoo. By adding the water to your shampoo you also remove a step in your hair care routine. However, this way you cannot use it every day.
You will be able to reap all the benefits of the rosemary alongside those supplied by your shampoo
This is a way to accelerate the rosemary water’s efficiency. You can help revitalize your scalp by massaging the water into the area you have applied it. This will help to give the mixture more time and space to work on your hair from the root.
You can help revitalize your scalp by massaging the water into it
This was how to use and make rosemary water for hair growth. We hope you found this article useful. Now you can make your very own rosemary water and use it to achieve beautiful, luscious locks.
This was how to use and make rosemary water for hair growth
- How To Make The Best DIY Hair Mask According To Your Hair Type
- The Best Essential Oils For Beautiful Skin and Healthy Hair
- How To Make Your hair Grow Faster: 5 Essential Oils
- 5 Guaranteed Ways To Make Your Hair Look Thicker
- Scalp Massage for Hair Growth and Shine