These homemade cranberry orange scones are beautiful. They are flaky and tender with bold flavors of orange and pops of juicy cranberries. And since there’s no yeast, these scones go from the mixing bowl to the oven quite quickly. So, you’ll have yummy scones in no time. These scones are just delightful as they have a beautiful flaky inside with a nice crumbly exterior. Just perfect! They are the perfect breakfast treat or dessert for holiday dinner. So, let’s see how to make them.
These homemade cranberry orange scones are beautiful
Before you start cooking up these delightful scones we recommend you give our video tutorial a look. While this recipe is super easy to prepare, but it’s always nice to look through a visual guide before you start tackling the recipe. It will help give you a sense of direction and how the steps go, so you don’t worry during the process.
Make sure to check out our easy-to-follow video tutorial
Cranberry Orange Scones Recipe
They are flaky and tender with bold flavors of orange and pops of juicy cranberries
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Baking time: 20-25 minutes
- Measuring spoons
- Measuring cups
- Silicone spatula
- Baking paper
- 300 grams White Flour
- 80 grams Cane sugar
- 15 grams Baking Powder
- 1 tbsp Orange Peels
- 60 ml Fresh Milk
- 125 ml Heavy Cream
- 1 Egg
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 115 grams Butter, cold and cubed
- 160 grams Frozen Cranberries
- Powdered Sugar
- White Chocolate, melted
- Start by measuring, chopping, and preparing all the ingredients.
- Take a big bowl and pour in the flour, cane sugar, baking powder, and orange peels. Mix everything together.
- Take a smaller bowl on the side and pour inside it the milk, and heavy cream, and crack the egg inside. With a whisk carefully mix everything together.
- To the dry ingredients add the chopped, cold butter squares. With your hands mix and break down together the butter and flour mixture until it has become a crumbly texture.
- Add in the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix everything together with a spatula. You should have a crumbly, yet dough-like texture.
- Take some flour and sprinkle it on the counter. Transfer the dough onto the floured counter.
- Form the dough a bit into a square. Take some frozen cranberries and push them into the dough. Fold the dough and repeat three times. Then form the dough into a circle.
- Line a pan with some baking paper. Transfer the dough to the pan and cut it into eight equal pieces.
- Bake at 190 degrees for twenty to twenty-five minutes.
- After the scones have been baked, sift some powdered sugar on top of them and then drizzle some melted white chocolate.
First step: Take a big bowl and pour in the flour, cane sugar, and baking powder
Second step: Add in the orange peels and mix everything together
Third step: Take a smaller bowl and pour in the milk, heavy cream, and an egg. Whisk everything
Fourth step: To the dry ingredients add the chopped, cold butter squares
Fifth step: With your hands mix and break down together the butter and flour mixture
Sixth step: Add in the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix everything together
Seventh step: Transfer the crumbly dough onto the floured counter, then fold the dough and repeat
Eighth step: Take some frozen cranberries and push them into the dough
Ninth step: Line a pan with some baking paper and transfer the dough to the pan
Tenth step: Cut it into eight equal pieces
Eleventh step: Bake at 190 degrees for twenty to twenty-five minutes
Twelfth step: Sift some powdered sugar on top of them
Thirteenth step: Then drizzle some melted white chocolate
Fourteenth step: Enjoy!
Tips and Tricks
Every recipe has its own little secrets. You know, all those little details, substitutions, and tricks that can make it taste not just “good”, but ethereal. These little things can help you make the final product divine and can help you give the confidence to experiment with your cooking and learn. That’s why here we want to share with you all the details you need to know to make these delightful cranberry scones just perfect and how to make them to your liking. Always remember that in the end, cooking is an art form, and you are the artist. This means you can change, add, or remove anything you like to this recipe. Just make sure the end product is to your taste bud’s liking, and you stay true as much as you can to the original dish.
These little things can help you make the final product divine
In order for you to achieve the perfect flaky center with a nice crumbly exterior, it’s very important your dough stays chilled. And cold dough won’t over-spread as well. So, they won’t lose shape. Therefore, we recommend you chill the shaped scones for at least 10 to 15 minutes before you pop them in the oven. You can also leave them overnight and bake them at breakfast if you want them fresh and warm.
#Wet To Dry
In order for the recipe to work it’s important to follow its small details and the order. That’s why it’s important to add the wet ingredients to the dry and not the opposite.
Just like with pies, here you work the cold butter into the dry ingredients. The butter coats the flour and when that buttery flour melts as they bake, they release steam and create pockets of air. These pockets help to create the flaky center, that’s why it’s very important for the butter to be cold. You can use refrigerated butter, but frozen butter will hold out until it’s in the oven.
Here you work the cold butter into the dry ingredients
These delightful cranberry orange scones are perfect for any occasion but are especially great for the holiday season. If you enjoyed making this yummy recipe, then make sure to check out what other amazing recipes we have to offer over on our YouTube Channel. And if you need even more inspiration, just take a look at our other recipes. We have a recipe for every craving, holiday, or party! Maybe you want something sweet, like some dupe snickers bars? Or maybe you are looking for a quick dinner recipe. Then try this sweet and crunchy tofu recipe! Either way, we have what you are searching for. Oh, and make sure to let us know what you thought of this recipe, as well as what you would like to see from us next time over in our YouTube comments.
These delightful cranberry-orange scones are perfect for any occasion
- How To Make The Best Homemade Mulled Wine Ever
- Santa’s All-Time Favorite Healthy Christmas Cookie Recipe
- The Best Whole-Wheat Cinnamon Rolls
- The Perfect Healthy Yule Log Recipe To Make For Christmas
- 22-Minute Christmas Cookies: Pink Chocolate Crinkle Cookies