These whole-wheat cinnamon rolls are super soft, fluffy, and delicious! You can enjoy them with a cup of coffee in the morning, munch on them as a late-night snack, or serve them as dessert at your festive dinner. No matter the occasion, these buns will become everyone’s new favorite treat! These cinnamon rolls are healthier than the normal ones, but they are just as yummy. So, make sure to try this recipe out.
These whole-wheat cinnamon rolls are super soft, fluffy, and delicious
Having a quick look through how the recipe should go is always a good way to ensure no mistakes will happen during the cooking process. That’s why we’ve created a simple, quick tutorial for you to watch before tackling this recipe on your own. It will help give you a sense of direction and how the steps go, so you don’t worry during the process.
See how to make these delicious cinnamon rolls
Whole-Wheat Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
Preparation time: 1 hour
Cooking time: 2 hours
- Bowls (big and small)
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Tea towel
- Rolling pin
- 180 ml Warm Coconut Milk
- 7 grams Butter
- 30 grams Cane Sugar
- 7 grams Dry Yeast
- 240 grams Whole-Wheat Flour
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 200 grams Date Paste
- 1 tbsp Cinnamon
- 100 grams Melted White Chocolate
- Take a small bowl. Into it pour the warm coconut milk, butter, and the cane sugar. Mix everything until the butter has melted. Then add the dry yeast and set the bowl aside, so the yeast can activate and make the rolls nice and fluffy.
- While the yeast is activating, take a bigger bowl and in it pour in the whole-wheat flour and the salt. Mix them together and create a small circular “dent” in the middle.
- In the “dent” pour the yeast mixture. Then with a spoon mix together the dry and wet ingredients until a dough-like texture starts to form.
- With your hands form the dough into a rough dough ball. Then place the dough onto the counter with any leftover flour. Knead the dough into a nice ball shape and place it once again in a big bowl. Cover the dough ball with a tea towel and set aside. Let the dough rise for around forty to fifty minutes.
- After the time has passed, your dough should have risen quite a bit. With your hands shape it into a ball form once again. Sprinkle the counter with some flour and place the dough. Knead the dough until it is smooth and elastic. This will take around eight to ten minutes.
- Gently press out the dough in a flat, circular shape. Sift some more flour on top of it. Then take your rolling pin and roll out the dough.
- Take your date paste and place some spoonfuls of it all around the dough. Then even it out with a spoon and spread the paste all around the dough. Next, sift the cinnamon evenly all over the date paste.
- Tightly roll the dough up, starting from the longer side. Then pinch the sides to seal the dough as best you can.
- Cut the roll into 1-inch sections with your thread or a knife. You should get around nine pieces.
- Then place each roll into a pan, making sure they have some space in between each other. Then bake at 180 degrees C° for twenty to twenty-two minutes.
- Once they have baked and have cooled down, drizzle some white chocolate on top of them and sprinkle some more cinnamon. Enjoy!
First step: Pour the warm coconut milk, butter, and the cane sugar into a small bowl
Second step: Mix everything until the butter has melted
Third step: Then add the dry yeast and set the bowl aside
Fourth step: Take a bigger bowl and in it mix together the whole-wheat flour and the salt
Fifth step: In the flour “dent” pour the yeast mixture
Sixth step: Mix together the dry and wet ingredients until a dough-like texture starts to form
Seventh step: With your hands form the dough into a rough dough ball
Eighth step: Then place the dough onto the counter with any leftover flour and knead into a ball
Ninth step: Cover the dough ball with a tea towel and let the dough rise for around forty to fifty minutes
Tenth step: After the time has passed, your dough should have risen quite a bit
Eleventh step: Sprinkle the counter with some flour and place the dough ball and knead
Twelfth step: Gently press out the dough in a flat, circular shape
Thirteenth step: Sift some more flour on top of it
Fourteenth step: Then with a rolling pin, roll out the dough
Fifteenth step: Take your date paste and place some spoonfuls of it all around the dough
Sixteenth step: Even it out with a spoon and spread the paste all around the dough
Seventeenth step: Sift the cinnamon evenly all over the date paste
Eighteenth step: Tightly roll the dough up, starting from the longer side
Nineteenth step: Cut the roll into 1-inch sections with your thread or a knife
Twentieth step: Bake at 180 degrees C° for twenty to twenty-two minutes
Twenty-first step: Drizzle some white chocolate on top of them and sprinkle some more cinnamon
Twenty-second step: Enjoy!
Tips and Tricks
Every recipe has its own little secrets. You know, all those little details, substitutions, and tricks that can make it taste not just “good”, but amazing. These little things that can help you make the final product divine and can help you give the confidence to experiment with your cooking and learn. That’s why here we want to share with you all the details you need to know to make these whole-wheat cinnamon rolls just perfect and how to make them to your liking. Always remember that in the end, cooking is a form of art, and you are the artist. This means you can change, add, or remove anything you like to this recipe. Just make sure the end product is to your taste bud’s liking.
Every recipe has its own little secrets
#Has My Dough Risen Enough?
If this is your first time working with dough, you may have a ton of questions, which is completely normal. An easy way to know if your dough has risen enough is to gently press two fingers into it. If an indentation remains, then this means the dough has risen enough.
In the end, cooking is a form of art, and you are the artist
These delicious healthy whole-wheat cinnamon rolls are the perfect addition to your table. If you enjoyed making this yummy recipe, make sure to check out what other treats we have to offer on our YouTube Channel. And if you need even more inspiration, just take a look at our other recipes. We have a recipe for every craving or event! Are you in the mood for some crinkle Christmas cookies? Or maybe you are looking for another dessert for the table. Then try this healthy Yule log recipe! Either way, we have what you are searching for. Oh, and make sure to let us know what you thought of this recipe, as well as what you would like to see from us next time over in our YouTube comments.
These delicious healthy whole-wheat cinnamon rolls are the perfect addition to your table
- Santa’s All-Time Favorite Healthy Christmas Cookie Recipe
- 22-Minute Christmas Cookies: Pink Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
- The Perfect Healthy Yule Log Recipe To Make For Christmas