Pink Moon Milk, prepared with creamy almond milk, honey, and hibiscus flower powder, is a lovely and soothing sleep tonic. It is the ideal nighttime drink, and we know that you will adore the combination of the different flavors and spices. Relax with a mug of pink hibiscus moon milk, which is warm and calming to the soul. It has hints of sweet raw honey and woodsy ground cinnamon. This nighttime elixir is best enjoyed in the tub with your favorite bath salt soak, candles, calm music, and a nice book. However, anything goes! Relax, and take a sip of this delicious pink drink! Let’s see the recipe:
Moon milk is actually used as a sleep tonic in holistic Ayurvedic practices. The drink contains a blend of spices and herbs that are thought to induce relaxation, serenity, and sleepiness! This drink is a cup of calming tranquility, and it’s especially good when you are feeling stressed, frightened, or afraid.
This pink recipe is:
- super simple and easy to make.
- warm and inviting.
- with calming purposes.
- full of delicious flavors and aromas.
- gluten-free and dairy-free by nature.
- an amazing drink to share with your boo next Valentine’s Day.
- unique and eye-catching.
Tip: If you are having trouble sleeping, then look into the best plants for your bedroom. These plants have qualities that can help you get more quality sleep and turn your bedroom into a beautiful jungle!
Benefits of Moon Milk
Cinnamon relieves muscle tension and helps to keep blood sugar levels in check. Cinnamon is claimed to help reduce the effects of blood sugar crashes and spikes, which might keep you awake at night. What’s more, for this recipe, you can make your own oat milk at home. This will make the recipe vegan, dairy-free, and super delicious! And then it is time for some spice. There is nothing better than combining some cinnamon with a pinch of nutmeg.
We made this girly drink, and it turned out so delicious and pink, that we just had to share it with all of you! In this video, you will find the step-by-step instructions for this dreamy elixir. This is the perfect late-night recipe to soothe you and prepare you for sweet dreams.
Here is how you can make this dreamy sleeping elixir:
Recipe for Pink Moon Milk with Hibiscus Flower, Rose Petals & Nutmeg
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
- dried hibiscus flower – 1tsp.
- hot water – 240ml.
- almond milk – 480ml. (or any other plant-based milk alternative)
- raw organic honey – 1tsp.
- ground cinnamon powder – 1/4tsp.
- ground nutmeg – 1/4tsp.
- coconut oil – 1tsp.
- dried rose blossoms (for serving)
- Start by warming up your almond milk in a pan over medium heat.
- Then it is time to brew the hibiscus tea in a pot with the hot water. This will give this moon milk its beautiful pale pink shade!
- Next, while your tea is brewing, add your raw honey to the pot with the warmed almond milk.
- After that, it is time for the ground cinnamon powder and the ground nutmeg to go into the warm milk.
- Make sure to stir, so everything is well-combined.
- Next, add your coconut oil while stirring. Your milk should be a nice pale brown shade from the spices!
- Now it is time to gradually start adding your brewed hibiscus tea into the almond milk mixture while still whisking.
- Then remove the pot from the heat and use a handheld milk frother to make the foam. This will take around a minute. You can also skip the making of the foam altogether or choose a different way of making it.
- Finally, add the pink moon milk to your glass or cup of choice, and top it with some dried rose petals for an ethereal and romantic look. You can also sprinkle some of the dried hibiscus flowers on top before serving.
Start by gathering and measuring all of your ingredients beforehand to make it easy for yourself
Start by warming up your almond milk in a pan over medium heat
Then it is time to brew the hibiscus tea in a pot with the hot water
Next, while your tea is brewing, add your raw honey to the pot with the warmed almond milk
After that, it is time for the ground cinnamon and nutmeg powder to go into the warm milk
Add the coconut oil to the mixture and whisk, whisk, whisk…
Now it is time to gradually add the brewed hibiscus tea into the almond milk
Take the pot off the heat and use a handheld milk frother to make some foam
After you are happy with your moon milk, it is time for serving!
Finally, add the pink moon milk to your glass or cup of choice
If you are having the moon milk warm, then a mug is actually your best option
The foam is also a beautiful pale pink shade
Top it with some dried rose petals for an ethereal and romantic look
You can enjoy your sleeping elixir as it is
Or play around with some gradient pink shades and more dried hibiscus flowers
And voilà, your dreamy pink moon milk is ready to put you right to sleep!
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it better to drink pink moon milk hot or cold?
Warm moon milk is a classic. However, if you prefer a chilled drink before night, don’t let that stop you from drinking moon milk cold.
When should moon milk be consumed?
It can be consumed in the evening to help your body prepare for slumber and sleep. It’s also a wonderful way to begin the day. Having a delicious cup of pink moon milk in the morning helps relax you before a busy and long day.
Is moon milk truly effective?
Yes, moon milk can assist you in achieving a sensation of relaxation and falling asleep. Over the course of several weeks, drinking pink moon milk can help reduce anxiety and restlessness while also regulating sleeping habits.
Can you make moon milk in different colors?
Yes! Since this magical drink is so customizable, you can try out different variations. A popular example is using butterfly pea flower to make baby blue moon milk! You can also make golden moon milk with turmeric and other spices. You can use beetroot powder and cherry juice. The options are limitless!
Moon milk is a relaxing drink that is super customizable and fun to make!
Make sure to check out the rest of our delicious recipes on our cooking and baking YouTube channel! There you will find so many unique and yummy recipes to try out, like this beautiful Pink Raspberry Panna Cotta Recipe! Make sure to let us know what you think of this Pink Moon Milk recipe in the comments below the video, and tell us what else you would like to see us make!
Try this dreamy elixir tonight and see just how sweet your dreams will be!