How to Spring Clean Every Room in Your Home
Doing a good deep cleaning of your home can be a scary task that many of us postpone. This is especially true if you can see that you have a lot of work ahead of you. There is a good chance you feel discouraged before you have even started. But don’t lose hope! In this spring cleaning guide, we will show you some little tips and tricks that will help you give your home a thorough cleaning just in time for spring! So, if you want to know how to actually spring clean every room in your home, just continue reading!
Spring is coming, so it is time to refresh and deep clean your environment!
In this guide, we will show you how to actually spring clean every room in your home
Photo by Branch Basics
In this article
How to Spring Clean Every Room in Your Home
#Make a plan
First things first, we need to make a good plan before we pick up the vacuum. You can take a notebook and quickly write down your priorities. Or, maybe you can find a spring cleaning guide to print online. If you need to get inspired and feel even more motivated, a cute list of what you need to do is the answer!
Find a spring cleaning guide online that you like and fill it in with your priorities
#Put things in their place
Before you start cleaning, you need to throw away all the things that are unnecessary. Also, put things away if their place is not where they are. Go through every room and look around. To avoid wandering back and forth from room to room, take a bin or a bag with you. This will make it easier to carry things back to their places. Look behind the doors, under the beds, in corners and on the shelves.
Start by putting things away if their place is not where they are
#Start from the top down
That is the best cleaning technique! Let’s go over the steps:
- Take a good look at the ceilings for cobwebs and clean them if necessary.
- Then move on to the lighting, and look for accumulated dirt and dist. Pay special attention if your chandeliers are made out of fabric or glass. To clean them, you can use a microfiber cloth or a duster with a handle.
- These little tools will also help you clean behind and under the sofa. You can do this without using any special detergents, just plain water.
- Surfaces that are closer to the floor generally hold more dust and dirt, which is why you can use water and a little regular dish detergent to clean them.
- If you want to prevent mold from forming in the bathroom, add a little vinegar to the cleaning solution.
Always opt for natural cleaning solutions with no chemicals and heavy unnatural fragrances
#Clean the windows
To clean the windows, you will only need a glass cleaner and some microfiber cloths. Remember to clean the windows from the inside in one direction and from the outside in the other. This will make it easier to see which side the dirt is on. Also, check our guide for cleaning your windows like an expert for some amazing tips and ideas.
Remember to clean the windows from the inside in one direction and from the outside in the other
#Pay attention to the floor
Time to clean the floors thoroughly. Here are some tips and tricks to help you out:
- First remove the carpets and all the unnecessary things laying on the floor.
- Then using the vacuum cleaner, clean the floors, not forgetting the corners, under and behind the sofas, as well as under the bed.
- Then clean the floors with a microfiber mop and a solution of water and some natural floor detergent.
- If you have the opportunity, give your carpets to a special carpet cleaning place. This is good to do at least once a year!
Follow these steps to take care of the flooring
#Clean the bedroom
Now let’s move to the bedroom:
- Wash your bed linens, paying special attention to duvets, pillowcases, and bedspread. Also wash the pillows if needed. If they are filled with artificial fabric, it is better to let them air dry.
- You can freshen up your mattress very fast with some ordinary baking soda. Just spread it on the surface of the mattress and wait for about an hour. Then go over it with the vacuum cleaner’s special tapered attachment. Turn the mattress over and repeat the same steps on the other side. Voilà!
- Then look in your closet. Check to see if there is any laundry you missed and put away or donate anything you are not wearing. However, if anything is beyond repair, you might want to throw it away or use it as a rag.
Nothing compares to a freshly washed mattress and bed linens
#Clean the bathroom
Now it is time to spring clean the bathroom. Here are some pointers:
- If you have a bathroom curtain, wash it. Of course, before you do, look at what the label says. In most cases, bathroom curtains can be washed on low heat.
- You can clean the metal elements in the bathroom with some white vinegar. Wet the surface you want to clean with vinegar, then proceed by sprinkling some baking soda on a soft cloth. Scrub the metal, and then rinse with cool water.
- Pay attention to the cabinet under the sink. Check whether you store old and unusable cleaning products or cleaning cloths there. These can all cause all kinds of unpleasant odors.
- Finally, wash the tiles and the floors, and put everything back into its original spot.
Get some bathroom plants just in time for the spring season
Now you know how to actually spring clean every room in your home! You can divide the work throughout the week, or take care of everything on a free weekend. Also, take a look at Marie Kondo’s tips for spring cleaning your closet and bedroom! There are a lot of good ideas there that you might want to implement in your home organization.
This is how to properly spring clean every room in your home!