The Best Healthy, Deep-Dish, Peach Pancake Recipe (Caramelized and Fluffy)
Mmmm, peaches are one of the juiciest and most delicious fruits that the warm, summer months has to offer. So, why not take advantage of that and create this glorious healthy, deep-dish peach pancake? It’s the perfect summer dessert and creates a mouthwatering combination when served with some vanilla ice cream. Let’s see how to make it.
Peaches are one of the juiciest and most delicious fruits
It’s much easier to recreate a recipe perfectly when you have some type of visual guide to see first. So, make sure to check out our video for an easy-to-follow guide. Here you can see how to make this yummy peach pancake.
Our easy-to-follow video tutorial for this delightful peach pancake
Healthy Peach Pancake Recipe
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
- Stove Top
- Cast Iron Pan
- Wooden Spatula
- 30 grams Butter
- 30 grams Cane Sugar
- 5 Peaches, sliced
- 240 ml Coconut Milk
- 120 ml Heavy Cream
- 1 tsp Lemon Zest
- 3 Eggs
- 1/4 cup Muscovado Sugar
- Lemon Juice
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 and 1/2 cups Gluten-Free Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees C or 380 degrees F.
- Put a pan on the stove top. Heat it up to medium heat. Add in the butter.
- Distribute the butter evenly around the pan using a wooden spatula. Add in the cane sugar.
- Mix the sugar and the butter until it is caramelized and brown.
- Start placing the peach slices in the pan in a circle formation.
- In a separate bowl mix together the coconut milk, the heavy cream, lemon zest, eggs, muscovado sugar and the baking soda. Mix everything well with a whisk.
- To the mixture add the lemon juice, gluten-free flour, and baking powder. Mix everything well, until there are no flour bumps (or a minimal amount).
- Pour the mixture onto the peaches. Make sure to cover them evenly.
- Bake for twenty minutes.
- Place a dish on the top of the cast iron pan and turn it upside down, so the pancake can fall into the dish.
- Sprinkle the pancake with some erythritol.
First step: Distribute the butter evenly around the pan
Second step: Add in the sugar and mix with the butter
Third step: Mix until it is caramelized and brown
Fourth step: Start placing the peach slices in the pan in a circle formation
Fifth step: Add the coconut milk, heavy cream, lemon zest, eggs, muscovado sugar and baking soda
Sixth step: Mix well
Seventh step: To the mixture add the lemon juice, gluten-free flour, and baking powder and mix
Eighth step: Pour the batter over the peaches evenly
Ninth step: Bake for twenty minutes and sprinkle the pancake with some erythritol
Tenth step: Enjoy!
Tips and Tricks
No cook can achieve perfect dishes without having a trick or two up their sleeve. These little tips and tricks are what make the dish exceptional and not just good. We’ve gathered some things we think you need to know in order to perfect this peach pancake. But remember, cooking is an art form, and you are the artist. Don’t be afraid to make changes and tweaks to fit your taste buds.
No cook can achieve perfect dishes without having a trick or two up their sleeve
While peaches are in season during the summer, they are hard to find all year round. So, if it’s not peach season, but you are still craving this pancake, don’t fret! You can easily change up the peaches with another fruit, like apples, for example. Or pears. Find what is in season and use it to your advantage.
No Flour Bumps
Flour bumps are a menace when it comes to batters. So, how can we avoid them or minimize them? If your flour has been sitting for a while it will have become a bit compacted. In this case, it will be helpful to sift it first before adding it to the mixture. If you still have lumps you can use a small wire whist or a wooden spoon to break them up.
Flour bumps are a menace when it comes to batters
We hope you enjoyed this recipe. If you did make sure to check out what else we have to offer over on our YouTube Channel. There you can find plenty of recipes for every occasion and craving. If you are in the mood for more sweetness, check out our zucchini brownies. Or, if savory is what you’re after – our veggie muffins. And don’t forget to tell us in the YouTube comments what you would like to see from us next time!
A beautiful, deep-dish peach pancake