Having a consistent exercise regime is beneficial in every aspect. However, we often tend to associate exercise with only with our body. Did you know you can also exercise your face? That’s right! The face has a ton of muscles that deserve some exercise. So, why not give it to them. Facial exercises hold a ton of benefits. They can help you slim down your face, reduce signs of aging and help you sculpt it alongside many more bonuses. So, if you want to find out more about these simple, yet effective exercises, read on:
Facial exercises hold a ton of benefits
You may be quite skeptical when it comes to face exercises. However, many skin experts stand behind them. Not only that but a 2018 study in the JAMA Dermatology Journal showed that having a regular exercise regime for your face can help improve many facial features. They can help to get your blood going giving you a beautiful glow, decrease the signs of aging, help with sagging skin, slim down your face and tone it.
Having a regular exercise regime for your face can help improve many facial features
How Long Will It Take To See Results?
While there is not one definitive answer to this question, there are claims that doing half an hour of exercises for the face each day for 20 weeks will help to reduce signs of aging. So, that’s the general time you will see results. However, you may start to feel or notice a difference earlier on. After all, every person is different.
Half an hour of exercises for the face each day will help to reduce signs of aging
The Best Facial Exercises
Like with any exercise regime there are some key elements in order to achieve beautiful results. The first being that you need to be consistent if you want to see results and keep them. You can start off by doing them six day a week for 12 weeks and then continue to do them three days a week. Do these exercises while you’re watching TV or chilling in bed. The next thing you need to remember is to always move in an upward motion if you are massaging the face. And finally make sure to use firm pressure, but do not tug on your skin. Find the middle ground. Now, let’s see some of the most effective face exercises.
The first being that you need to be consistent if you want to see results and keep them
If you want to get rid of a double chin or just strengthen the muscles and tone the area, then this exercise is perfect. It’s quick, easy and effective.
- Just place the pads of two fingers right behind the chin bone. This is the soft area under where your tongue should be located.
- Then gently start to press upwards with your fingers.
- Push your tongue up into the roof of your mouth. Now you should be able to feel a contraction of the muscles on your fingers.
- Finally, relax. Repeat this around 10 times.
You will get rid of a double chin, strengthen the muscles and tone the area
If the feeling of a tense and tight neck is all too familiar, then you should definitely try these exercises. If your neck is tense this is often visible in the face. It can look pulled down, tense and your eyes can seem smaller. So, make sure to take care of the neck.
- Tilt your head towards one shoulder and then place your hand on your head.
- Pull your head gently towards the shoulder in order to deepen the stretch.
- Repeat this process on the other side.
- With your hands massage the muscles at the back of your neck on both sides of the spine. Make sure to work up from the base of your neck towards the back of the skull.
If your neck is tense this is often visible in the face
It’s common with time for the skin along the jawline to sag. And to be honest, constantly looking down at a tablet, phone, or book, reaaaalllly isn’t helping. Here’s when these jaw-tightening exercises come in handy.
- Lift your chin to create a taut line between the clavicle and the chine. However, make sure you are not hyperextending the neck.
- Then turn your head to the right and look over the right shoulder towards what’s behind you.
- Jut out your jaw and hold the whole position for around five seconds and release.
- Slowly return to the starting position.
- Repeat this for three times and then switch to the left side and repeat once again for three more times.
It’s common with time for the skin along the jawline to sag
If you have chubby cheeks and what to do something about it, then let this cheek squeeze exercise help you. It’s super easy and while it may look a bit funny, it does get the job done.
- Tilt your head all the way back and keep your chin up high.
- Then suck in your cheeks as much as you can.
- Hold them sucked in for around five seconds.
- Repeat this for around ten to fifteen times.
It’s super easy and while it may look a bit funny, it does get the job done
Not all of us are blessed with magnificent cheekbones. And while bone structure plays a role, this face exercise can help you get a little closer to achieving your dream, defined cheekbones.
- Place two fingers on each cheekbone.
- Then just gently lift the skin until it’s taut.
- Open your moth and form an elongated “O”. You should be able to feel some resistance in your cheek muscles.
- Hold the pose for around five seconds.
- Repeat this for around ten or fifteen times.
Not all of us are blessed with magnificent cheekbones
Do Face Exercises Cause Wrinkles?
While no downsides were found to doing these exercises, some dermatologists do want people to keep in mind that they can’t reduce wrinkles and in some cases can even cause them. After all, face exercises are to help slim down and firm up the face, but they can’t do wonders. In addition to the exercises you also need to include a good diet (bone broth keeps the skin young), a good skincare routine (try skin cycling) and using sufficient sun protection.
Try out some more fun face exercises!
These were the best facial exercises you can do for a slim, firm, and sculpted face. We hope you found this article interesting. Now that you know the pros and cons, as well as the exercises, will you be doing them?
These were the best facial exercises you can do for a slim, firm, and sculpted face