5 Easy DIY Body Scrub Recipes Your Skin Will Fall In Love With
Proper exfoliation is a great way to keep the skin looking healthy, glowing, and vibrant. This goes both for your face and body. By exfoliating, you help remove the top layer of dead skin cells on your body and leave the skin looking brighter, feeling softer, looking firmer, and with stimulated collagen production, so it stays nice and firm. So, make sure not to skip out on exfoliating when it goes to your body care routine. One of the most popular forms of body exfoliation is through scrubs. And while we usually love to shop for our skincare, you can actually save some money and make just as good of a scrub at home. That’s why today we will show you how to make some of our favorite DIY body scrub recipes.
Proper exfoliation is a great way to keep the skin looking healthy, glowing, and vibrant
In this article
Easy DIY Body Scrub Recipes
Even dermatologist agree that you can make a great scrub at home, so what’s stopping you? And by making it yourself you can much easily control the ingredients and trailer the scrub according to your skin. This something that just isn’t possible with store-bought scrubs. You will be surprised to find out just how easy making a body scrub at home is. And you’ll be left delighted with the results! Every scrub in our list has different properties and is suitable for different skin needs. So, just take your pick!
Even dermatologist agree that you can make a great scrub at home
The coffee scrub is our personal favorite. This is because coffee is amazing at peeling off dead skin cells, it firms and smooths the skin. And when mixed in with honey, it also helps to take care of moisture. This scrub is super easy to prepare and very budget friendly.
The coffee scrub is our personal favorite
- 3 tbsp Coffee Grounds
- 5 tbsp Honey
- 5 tbsp Olive Oil
- Start collecting the coffee grounds from your brewed coffee or get some ground up coffee and place it in a container. You can also use four tablespoons if you want a stronger exfoliation.
- Mix in the tablespoons of honey and tablespoons of olive oil in the container until the mixture is nice and thick.
- Apply the scrub and gently massage for a minute. Then rinse with some warm water and dry yourself.
This scrub is super easy to prepare and very budget friendly
If you are in the looks for a skin brightening scrub that will leave your skin feeling as soft as silk, then this one is for you. Mandarin peels have been used for centuries in Chinese Medicine and have been prized for their ability to move stuck Qi, brighten up the mood, and leave your skin feeling like new.
Mandarin peels have been used for centuries in Chinese Medicine
- 1 cup Cane Sugar
- 1/3 cups Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 1 Mandarin Orange, zest
- Juice from Mandarin
- Combine together the cane sugar, olive oil, honey, and the mandarin zest.
- Once you’ve got the zest from the mandarin, do not throw it away. Cut the mandarin in half and squeeze the juice into the mixture as well.
- Mix everything together and allow it to sit for around five minutes.
- Once the five minutes have passed, you can hop in the shower and apply it evenly on damp skin. Massage the skin in circles.
If you are in the looks for a skin brightening scrub, this is your scrub
Honey is one of the biggest healers in nature. It’s super effective at treating a ton of skin concerns all thanks to its antimicrobial and antioxidant properties. It can also help repair some skin tissue damage and protect the skin from harmful UV rays. This scrub is great for people with sensitive skin, as well as body acne.
Honey is one of the biggest healers in nature
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Sea Salt
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Honey
- Essential oils (optional)
- In a bowl, put together the brown sugar, sea salt, oil, and the honey.
- Mix everything well. You can add more sugar, salt, or oil, until you reach a consistency that feels right to you.
- You can also add some essential oils if you desire for a nice additional scent.
- Once everything is mixed to your liking, hop in the shower and apply the scrub evenly. Make sure to brush it upward toward the heart.
This scrub is great for people with sensitive skin, as well as body acne
This is a 2 in 1. It can be used as both as a scrub and a mask! This scrub is amazing at reducing inflammation and keeping your skin glowing, as well as feeling nice and hydrated. It’s one of the more gentle scrubs on the list. You can also leave it on for around 15 minutes to use as a hydrating mask.
It can be used as both as a scrub and a mask
- 3 tbsp Oatmeal
- 2 tbsp Yogurt
- 1 tbsp Honey
- Mix together the oatmeal, yogurt, and honey in your container. You can add more oatmeal if you want a more scrubby consistency.
- Then hop in the shower. Work in the scrub in circular motions for at least two minutes. Let it dry on the skin for around 15 minutes.
- Wash off the mask/scrub or use a soft washcloth to remove it.
This oatmeal scrub is one of the more gentle scrubs on the list
#Green Tea Scrub
This scrub is incredible. Thanks to the Epsom salt in it is a not only a great exfoliant, but it also acts as a muscle relaxant. It can help relax muscle aches. Then the green tea acts as an amazing antioxidant. It’s the perfect scrub for when you’ve had a hard day and need to relax.
Then the green tea acts as an amazing antioxidant
- 1/4 Olive Oil
- 5 drops Lavender Oil
- 3 tbsp Epsom Salt
- 1 tsp Green Tea
- Combine the olive oil, lavender oil, Epsom salt, and green tea in your chosen container.
- Mix everything together until you have a nice paste-like consistency. You can add extra salt or olive oil if you need to. Make it to your liking.
- Massage the mixture on damp skin.
- Then just rinse, dry, and sit back and relax.
This scrub is incredible at helping you relax
How Often Should You use a Body Scrub?
In general, it’s not something you want to be doing on the daily. Over exfoliating is a thing and it does more damage than good. It can leave the skin feeling dry, irritated and sensitive. That’s why dermatologist recommend exfoliating two to three times a week. However, if you have dry skin, you may want to be doing it just once a week.
Over exfoliating is a thing and it does more damage than good
These were some of our favorite DIY body scrub recipes. We hope you found this article useful. Now you can give yourself a good pampering and enjoy the feeling of your silky, smooth, soft skin afterward.
These were some of our favorite DIY body scrub recipes
- The Best DIY Bath Bombs: Herbal Combinations for Every Mood
- How To Make The Best DIY Hair Mask According To Your Hair Type
- The Best Natural Deodorant You Will Ever Make: 5 DIY Recipes
- 8+ Natural Makeup Remover Recipes: Eco-Friendly DIY
- How To Have a Spa Day at Home: 10 Relaxing Ideas