Are you looking for a natural way to make your hair grow long and shiny? Then consider a daily scalp massage for hair growth and nourishing! Hair loss can happen to anyone. Your age, lifestyle, and genetics all affect your hair and its health. However, our hair still has the capability and potential to regrow, rejuvenate, and strengthen itself with a little love and help from you! So, the next time you are watching TV, reading a good book, or just chilling at home, consider doing a little scalp massage. It is a wonderful way to relax and de-stress after a long day. The best part? Scalp massages have been proven to promote healthy hair growth! Keep on reading to find out more:
Scalp massages are the key to healthy hair growth and shiny locks
A scalp massage is the gentle squeezing of the skin, muscles, and blood vessels that nourish and make up your hair. This kind of massage uses mild pressure and is usually performed without oil, however you can use it if you choose to. You massage your scalp with your fingertips and palms, or you use a special head massager. Scalp massagers are brush-like handheld devices that scrub and stimulate your skin. A scalp massage that is done consistently will relieve muscle tension around your head and shoulders, while also activating the nerves and blood vessels beneath your skin. The reason you need to do scalp massages is the same reason you get massages anywhere else-you hold tension in your body. What’s more, people tend to hold a lot more tension in the hairline, behind the ears, and in the neck. This is mostly because of stress and bad posture.
Scalp massagers are special tools that stimulate your skin and promote new hair growth
Can scalp massage stimulate hair growth?
Hair growth is the biggest benefit associated with a scalp massage. According to researchers and experts, beautiful, healthy hair relies on good blood circulation, proper nutrition, and a healthy scalp. With regular scalp massages, you help encourage blood flow to the area, bringing oxygen and hair-healthy nutrients. The health of your skin has a direct impact on the condition and appearance of your hair. This is due to the fact that your hair strands grow in little pocket-like organs called hair follicles, which are located in the epidermal layer of your skin. Massaging your skin dilates or enlarges the capillaries, allowing more blood to flow to the follicles. Moreover, scalp massages are especially helpful for people who have a tense scalp.
Pair your daily scalp massage with hair oil, which will help your hair even further
Using an essential oil that helps hair growth will make your scalp massage even more effective
Benefits of scalp massages
So while the hair benefits from the improved circulation, there are other benefits that come from the act of massaging itself, like:
- reduced stress hormones
- improved immune function
- improved natural healing ability
- a good way to relax your body and mind
- relieved anxiety
- thicker, more voluminous hair
- reduce hair loss caused by alopecia
How often should I massage my scalp for hair growth?
Giving yourself a scalp massage does not have to be this big event that you make time for specifically. You can do it whenever it suits you best! Generally speaking, the more scalp massages you can give yourself, the better. Make it work for you, whether it’s every time you wash your hair in the shower or every time you sit down to watch some TV in the evening. A few minutes every day will work wonders, but a few times a week will also bring good results. If you want to start doing scalp massages, try them once a day for around five minutes. Daily hair massaging is most likely to provide you with the best and fastest results—consistency is key in beauty, as it is in most things—so try to stick with it. You can, however, do it less regularly if you’re just looking to relax and unwind. Couples might enjoy a scalp massage before bed or while watching TV as a way to relax and bond.
Treat yourself to a nice-smelling hair oil that will make your head massages even more enjoyable
How do you perform a scalp massage for hair growth?
There are various ways to massage your scalp:
- Standard scalp massage-Try to separate your scalp into four or eight segments. Each segment should be massaged for about the same amount of time. Make small, gentle circular motions with your fingertip pads or knuckles. Avoid using too much pressure or scratching your skin with your fingernails. Begin at the back or front of your head and work your way through each part slowly and methodically. Make sure to cover all areas. Try to massage your scalp for about five minutes every day for the best results.
Do not forget to massage your face as you can hold a lot of tension in the face muscles
- Massage while washing your hair- If you’re too busy during the day, you can do the typical scalp massage method while showering. Massage your conditioner or shampoo into your scalp for at least five minutes, using a light touch. Rinse your hair as usual once you’ve covered your entire head. You can also do this with a hair mask!
Use your time in the shower to perform a quick scalp massage while shampooing
- Massage with special massaging tools-Massage tools take the form of small handheld rubber devices or brushes. They exfoliate and increase follicle function and blood circulation, instead of your fingertips. Some massagers (also known as shampoo brushes) can be used in the shower, while others are specifically designed for dry scalps.
Scalp massagers are a great tool for a quick scalp massage
- Use your favorite hair oil while massaging-Incorporating essential oils to your scalp massage for hair development will definitely make it more successful. They not only make it easier for your hands to slide around without pulling and adding extra pressure on your hair and scalp, but some oils also have specific benefits for different hair types, such as encouraging growth. To avoid any irritation, perform a patch test on the elbow or wrist before applying any oil.
Choose an essential oil that fits your hair type and specific needs
If you are struggling with hair loss, consider these 7 essential oil blends
Watch this YouTube video for tips and tricks when performing a scalp massage for hair growth: