How To Clean Glass Shower Doors The Right Way
There is nothing more infuriating than seeing your beautiful, glass shower door covered in water stains, dirt, and grime. Even if your whole bathroom is sparkling clean, a dirty shower door will make it look otherwise. And while such door designs add a vibe of modern elegance to your bathroom, much like all other bathroom fixtures it is constantly exposed to excess moisture, grime, and mineral deposit build-up. All of this together creates a stained, streaky, or foggy look to the glass door. And getting a sparkling clean glass door isn’t as easy as grabbing a soapy sponge and wiping it away, it also isn’t impossible. That’s why today we are going to show you how to clean glass shower doors easily with a few tips and tricks.
Achieving a sparkling clean glass door isn’t as easy as grabbing a soapy sponge and wiping
All bathroom fixtures are exposed to excess moisture, grime, and mineral deposit build-up
You can easily restore shine and clarity in a matter of minutes with a few simple methods. And you don’t need any expensive products or hours of scrubbing to achieve a sparkling clean shower door, all you need are some common household items and a couple of minutes of free time.
You can easily restore shine and clarity in a matter of minutes
What You’ll Need:
- Empty Spray Bottle
- 1/4 cup Gentle Dish Soap
- 1 cup Water
- 1/2 cup White Vinegar
- Clean Sponge/Cloth
- Cleaning gloves
- Ammonia mix (optional)
You don’t need any expensive products or hours of scrubbing to achieve a sparkling clean shower door
- First you need to fill your spray bottle with the cleaning mixture. Mix together the dish soap, water, and vinegar in the bottle. The vinegar helps to break down grime build-up without using harsh chemicals.
- Next it’s time to spray down the shower doors up and down, including all the corners and crevices. Let the solution work for at least 15 minutes. This way it will have time to break down all the gunk.
- Take your sponge or cloth and scrub down the door. Give special attention to any stubborn scum that may remain.
- Then rinse down the shower to remove any remaining solution. Make sure you get all of the solution off.
- If there are any stubborn water streaks, you can use an ammonia mixture for extra shine. Just use two tablespoons of ammonia and two quarters of warm water in another spray bottle. Then spray down the door and wipe clean after a couple of minutes. Just make sure to not mix ammonia with other chemicals and always use gloves when handling.
- Then use a squeegee or a lint-free cloth and remove any excess water.
Tip: For any annoying streaks, you can use a lemon cut in half dipped in baking soda to scrub away any stubborn grime.
Take your sponge or cloth and scrub down the door
How Often Should You Clean Glass Shower Doors?
There really isn’t one answer to this question. The most accurate answer would be when it seems dirty. It’s best to have simple maintenance on the daily, so there is minimal build-up of grime, stains, and so on. But on a more in-depth cleaning level, it’s recommended you give your whole bathroom (shower door included) a good clean at least once a week.
It’s best to have simple maintenance on the daily
How To Maintain Clean Glass Shower Doors
Nobody wants and has the time to spend everyday cleaning the glass shower door. That’s why it’s important to incorporate little things you can do that will make sure it stays as clean as possible until the next big cleaning is planned. Here are some ways you can maintain a clean door:
Nobody wants and has the time to spend everyday cleaning the glass shower door
- Dry the glass shower doors, as well as the walls, with a lint-free, microfiber towel after each use. No cleaner is needed;
- Use a squeegee to get rid of excess water from the door and walls after each use. You don’t need any cleaner here, as well;
- Have a mixed cleaning solution ready and keep it in the shower for daily use. In a spray bottle mix 1 cup water, half a cup vinegar, some dish soap, and a couple of drops of an essential oil if you wish;
- If you have hard water, make sure to add a softening system to your water system, in order to lower mineral build-up occurrences;
- After cleaning the glass, use a hydrophobic compound to keep water stains off;
- Leave the door open after showering;
- Soap scum can be avoided by switching to liquid body washes, as it is less likely for body wash to react with the minerals in the water and create water stains.
Use a squeegee to get rid of excess water from the door
These were all the best ways on how to clean glass shower doors to perfection. We hope you found this article useful. Now you will be able to easily get rid of water stains and streaks and enjoy a beautiful, clear glass shower door.
These were all the best ways on how to clean glass shower doors to perfection
- H0w To Clean Mirrors (and Glass) Without Streaks
- Clean a Shower The Right Way
- How To Clean Your Washing Machine
- Clean Your Entire Home in 1 Hour: Easy Guide