Cute and Easy DIY Easter Decorations to Try in 2021
Are you looking forward to Easter? This year it will be celebrated on April 4th and it is definitely one of the most fun holidays of the year. Not only do we celebrate the resurrection of Jesus, we also celebrate the beginning of spring. We dye eggs, decorate our houses with flowers and Easter bunnies, organize egg hunts for the kids – the holiday is just so much fun. And if you are ready to start your preparations, we are here to help you. Today, we have prepared a few cute and easy DIY Easter decorations you can try and recreate for a unique and creative Easter decor. We have also gathered quite the impressive photo gallery of different types of decorations. So, just go ahead and steal all of our ideas, we don’t mind!
This year we are celebrating Easter on the 4th of April
So, let’s begin with an easy DIY tutorial for a beautiful floral centerpiece
DIY Easter decorations
- a spoon
- a bowl
This DIY is super easy, anyone can recreate it
- Use a spoon to carefully remove the tops of the eggs. Pour the egg whites and yolks into a bowl and use for an omelette later.
- Carefully wash the inside of the eggs.
- Cut the stems of the flowers, leaving just enough to fit into the egg shells.
- Fill the egg shells with water and add the flowers, get creative and decorate in any way you like.
If you want you can paint the egg shells in different colors if you are looking for something more colorful
Source: Love Daily Dose
Gorgeous Easter egg topiary tree
How do you make a Easter centerpiece?
- 9-inch styrofoam cone
- 36 plastic craft eggs
- paint in colors of your choice + brown or gold paint
- glue gun
- mini glue sticks
- flat paint brush
These are the supplies you need
- Start by painting the eggs in the colors you want. Let dry.
- In a bowl mix either brown or gold paint with a little bit of water. Use an old toothbrush to recreate the robin’s egg speckles. Once again, let dry.
- Now start adding the eggs to the styrofoam cone. Start from the bottom and work your way up, attaching them with the glue gun. The arrangement is entirely up to you.
- Now it is time to add the moss. Use a pencil to push the moss in between the eggs. If you need to you can use glue again to make sure the moss stays on the cone.
Paint the eggs and let them dry
Add these cute speckles by using a toothbrush and spraying paint on the eggs
You can arrange the eggs in any way you like
Tuck the moss in between the eggs and finish the centerpiece by inserting it in a nice ceramic planter
Source: Sand & Sisal
Gorgeous DIY tulip wreath to celebrate spring
What are some Easter decorations?
- faux tulips
- foam wreath form
- pink satin ribbon
- floral pins or glue gun
- string or twine
You can use tulips in all colors of the rainbow if you want
- Remove the stems from the tulips as shown in the photo above.
- Attach the ribbon to the wreath form with a floral pin or glue.
- Start adding tulips to wreath form, securing them by wrapping the ribbon around them. Here you need to use your creativity, you can put as many tulips as you want. Just make sure the ribbon is nice and tight.
- Keep adding tulips and wrapping them with ribbon. Once you get to the end make sure no foam is visible. If you need to you can glue a few tulips in between right where they meet, just to make sure nothing is visible. Secure the end of the ribbon with glue.
- Finally, create a loop with the string or twine. Fold the ribbon over it and glue it together. Then, glue that ribbon to the wreath and you are all set.
Make sure the ribbon is tightly wrapped
Keep adding tulips
Step by step tutorial of how to make the loop for hanging
Source: The How-to Mom
Fun and cute Easter egg tree
Easter decoration ideas
- about 18 egg shells
- small decorative Easter figures
- acrylic paint in different colors
- paint brush
- cardboard paper
- cardboard tube
- candle holder
- decorative paper
- glue gun
- fillers – moss, sprinkles, colored rice, etc.
Get creative with your colors
- Paint your egg shells in different colors and let them dry. Make sure the openings are big enough. You can even make openings in different sizes.
- Print out the templates for the stands – two small ones and the bigger one for the bottom. Cut out the shapes from the cardboard and decorative paper and glue them together. Cut two pieces of the cardboard tube at 2 1/4 inches and one at 3/4 inches and cover them with the wrapping paper as well.
- Assemble the tree by gluing the pieces together. Finally, glue the bottom to the candle holder.
- Start adding the egg shells in any way you like by gluing them to the stand.
- Add the fillers and the Easter figures, you can glue them to the stand or just let them stand on their own, it is up to you.
Cut out the cardboard, cover it with wrapping paper and don’t forget the edges
Assemble the stand and glue it to the candle holder
Add the colorful egg shells and be careful not to break them
Finally add the cute little figures and fillers
Source: Remodela Casa
DIY eggs, perfect for your plate setting
DIY Easter table decorations
- small flowers (in this DIY sedum, violet, horseweed, forsythia and wild rose are used)
- twine or string
- hard boiled eggs
You can do some flower picking around your garden
- Make sure the flowers’ stems are as long as the egg.
- Grab a piece of twine or string. Place the flower on top of the egg and tie it together with the string.
As easy as 1, 2, 3
Source: A Daily Something
DIY bunny table runner
Easy DIY Easter crafts
- burlap fabric, cut according to your table size
- bunny template
- brown paint
- white pom poms
- Print out the template and trace it out onto the burlap. Make sure you put something under the burlap, so as not to damage the table.
- Fill the bunny outlines with brown paint. Let dry.
- Glue pom poms to the burlap for the tails of the bunnies.
Source: Kelly Elko
Now get ready to browse through our gallery for even more Easter decorations ideas
Yet another interesting idea for a centerpiece you can recreate
Outdoor Easter decorations
Flowers and plants are used a lot because Easter also celebrates the beginning of spring