The 4th of July is one of the most popular holidays in America. It celebrates the country’s independence from the British colonizers. On this day in 1776 the Declaration of Independence was signed. That is exactly why, the holiday is a big deal and is celebrated nationwide with fireworks, parades, family gatherings, etc. Needless to say, there are many ways in which you can honor the holiday. Fore example, throwing a party is a good idea, cooking meals for the entire family as well. But there are also smaller ways in which you can show your appreciation for America’s independence. One way to do it is with patriotic 4th of July nails in red, white and blue. We have prepared more than 40 ideas for you, as well as a few step by step tutorials you can try yourself.
Patroitic nails in red, white and blue
How do you do 4th of July nails?
Well, it is pretty clear what colors you need to use. Since the USA’s independence is celebrated on the 4th of July it is only fitting that your nails represent the country. The most popular colors are definitely red, white and blue as the colors on the American flag. Stars and stripes are definitely the most popular type of decoration, once again honoring the star spangled banner. Fireworks are also common decorations, since the holiday is closely associated with fireworks celebrations.
Stars, stripes and the symbol of America – the Bald Eagle
What are the different types of 4th of July nail designs?
- The full red, white and blue nails. Since the holiday is super festive, it is only fitting that your nails are just as festive. Go all out on a manicure that is filled with color, stars and stripes. After all, the flag is the symbol of the nation, it is only right that you represent it in full.
- Minimalistic patriotic nails. If you are not a fan of the super colorful nail designs, you can go minimalistic. Opt for all red, all blue or all white nail polish with a decoration of the flag on your ring finger, for example. That way you will represent the holiday, but keep it simple at the same time.
- Red, blue and white French manicure. This is another version of the minimalistic nail designs. Keep it simple, clean and elegant with an ombre French manicure in the colors of the flag.
- 2021 trends in the patriotic colors. This year we saw a lot of nail design trends on the line. Negative space, ombre nails, color block nails, etc. You can try all of them in the colors that we keep repeating. Trust us, the result is going to be great either way.
Representing the star spangled banner in style
Fourth of July nails tutorial
- Start by applying your base coat.
- Paint your nails with blue glitter nail polish.
- Cut a hole reinforcer in two and add a piece onto the base of your nail (moon).
- Paint the rest of the nail with white nail polish.
- Add striping tape in a pinstripe pattern and paint the red stripes with red glitter nail polish. Remove the stickers.
- Finish off with a top coat.
This one is easy to do, all you need is striping tape
Source: The Nailasaurus
Cute stars and stripes
Red and blue ombre with white stars – the perfect 4th of July nail art
How to do 4th of July nails?
- Start by applying base coat.
- Apply white nail polish on your thumb and ring finger and blue nail polish on the rest of the nails.
- Top the blue nails with matte top coat to prep for later.
- Use striping tape to divide the nail on your thumb in half and paint the top part with red glitter.
- On your ring finger tape off the rest of your nail, leaving just the bottom part exposed. Paint with blue nail polish.
- Add striping tape and use red nail polish to create the stripes.
- Apply matte top coat on your thumb and ring finger.
- Use a shiny blue nail polish to stamp on the stars on top of the matte coat.
Source: Amateur Manicure
Red, white and blue are the colors of the USA
Red white and blue nails
- Get yourself a star shaped hole puncher, some wax paper and painters tape. Also you are going to need a sponge.
- Stick a piece of tape onto the wax paper and punch stars into it. Make sure the space between them is even.
- Apply base coat onto your nails and paint them with white nail polish.
- Remove the tape from the wax paper slowly and place the stencil onto your nails.
- Grab the sponge and paint a stripe of blue and red nail polish on top next to each other.
- Dap your nails with the sponge to create the ombre stars.
- Remove the tape and apply the top coat.
You just have to get a star shaped hole puncher and you will be set
Source: Chalkboard Nails
Easy 4th of July nails
- Start by aaplying your base coat.
- Paint your ring finger with white nail polish and the rest of your fingers with red nail polish.
- Place striping tape across your nail on your ring finger and paint the stripes with blue nail polish.
- Remove the tape and finish off your manicure with a top coat.
Simple, easy with a patriotic and nautical theme
Source: Pretty Prudent
For some reason this is giving off Wonder Woman vibes
American flag nails
- Apply your base coat first.
- Paint your ring finger with dark blue nail polish and the rest of your fingers with white nail polish.
- On your pointer finger apply two coats of silver glitter nail polish.
- On your thumb, middle and pinky fingers use striping tape to make the red stripes and make a French manicure with blue nail polish.
- Grab some silver glitter stars and use twizzers to place them on top of the blue nail polish on your ring finger, as well as the blue French manicure on your thumb, middle and pinky fingers. Make sure they are evenly spaced.
- Finish with a top coat.
As patriotic as possible
Source: So Nailicious
Now get ready to browse through even more 4th of July nails ideas
Fun and cute idea with red, blue and silver glitter
The definition of going all out with your manicure
Watercolor patriotic nails
Stars are always a good idea
Glitter in red, white and blue is the easiest way to get fourth of July nails
Minimalistic and yet super cute
Dripping in red, white and blue