How to draw eyes – easy tutorials and pictures to take inspiration from
In these trying times, the best thing we can do is simply stay at home. For most people, however, that is a real challenge. After all, you need to find something to fill your time with. Some people play games, other watch movies and TV shows, then there are those who like to challenge their minds. Whether it is reading books or doing jig saw puzzles, your mind will definitely have a “work out”. But what about your creativity and imagination? Well, we are here to help! Today, we have gathered some easy step-by-step tutorials on how to draw eyes, as well as some pictures that you can take inspiration from. So, get your pencils and your sketchbook and let’s get started.
In this article you can find lots of tutorials and pictures on how to draw eyes
What to draw when bored?
It is proven that drawing helps imagination and develops your creativity. What’s more, drawing or doodling is extremely helpful for your mental state. It takes your mind away from your problems by letting it focus on the task at hand. While some people may think that they can’t draw, we are here to tell you that everyone can. Especially if you follow these super easy drawing tutorials. After all, everyone starts from somewhere right?
Your doodles can turn into real masterpieces with a few basic lessons on lights and shadows
You may even end up creating masterpieces such as this one
They say the eyes are the window to the soul and we believe it
How to draw eyes step by step?
Here are some steps to follow in order to be able to draw a realistic eye:
- Outline the basic shapes first with lighter lines so that they are not showing in the end. Add a small square or a circle inside the eye to represent a reflection froma window or a light.
- Fill in the pupil with a black pencil.
- Shade the iris by smearing graphite on a separate sheet of paper and using a blender, smear it until the graphite has trasferred onto it. Then, use the blender to fill in the iris.
- Draw spokes going outward from the pupil.
- Fill the white space in the iris using a blending stump.
- Create a shadow under the eyelid with a pencil, so it gives it a bit more depth and roundness.
- Shade the skin around the eyes, as well as the white of the eye. This will make it look more realistic. Also, darken the creases and use the kneaded eraser to make the highlights pop.
- Next, you need to fill in the eyebrows. Then fill in the eyelashes using curved lines.
- Add a few touchups such as eyelash reflections, blood vessels in the eye whites, or any more darkening or shadowing if necessary.
Follow these steps to create the perfect realistic eye
How to draw a realistic eye from the side?
- Start by drawing a circle with a small bump, which will serve as the cornea of the eye.
- Draw a triangle starting from the middle of the circle going outwards to the bump, which needs to stay inside the triangle.
- Connect the top and bottom parts of the bump to form the iris and then a small oval shape inside it for the pupil.
- Erase the circle outside the triangle and draw the eyelids.
- Draw an outline of a glare in front of the iris, which is going to make the eye look more realistic.
- Fill in the pupil with black.
- Shade the iris using a blending stump and then add the spokes, starting from the pupil outwards to the iris. You can even curve the spokes a little bit so your eye has more depth.
- Start shading from the eye whites, to the eyelids. You can also add a few blood vessels for a more realistic look. Shade the skin around the eye as well, blending it with a tissue.
- By using a very sharpened pencil, draw the eyelashes with strokes going upwards from the eyelid.
- Fill in the eyebrows with a light flicking motion.
Yet another helpful and easy to follow tutorial
And here is a different take on drawing eyes with colors
The more you practice, the better the results
How to draw a crying eye
This is an absolutely breathtaking painting of a man, whose eyes have seen a lot
This eye look a little sad, yet beautiful
This painting is reminiscent of the movie “Brave” and its main character
Super realistic drawing of a gorgeous female eye
And another tutorial you can try
This reminds me of a horror movie poster
How to draw closed eyes
Beautiful watercolor design
Cartoon eyes drawing with different expressions
Blue eyes definitely stand out – they are beautiful and magnetic
How to draw eyes from different angles
Really beautiful drawing
Eyes basics – light and shadow
“Beauty is in the eye of the beholder”
An eye drawing with just a pen is still a beautiful art piece
Cool eye drawings
Robert Donwy JR as Tony Stark/Iron man – you can see the determination in his eyes even in a drawing
Eye drawing step by step