Well, it looks like we will have plenty of free time in 2021 as well. Fear not, however, because we are lucky to have so much information at our disposal. We can literally learn entirely new things just by sitting comfortably at home in front of our computer. So, you can take up crafting or writing as a hobby. You can even decide to learn a new language. And, because we want to contribute something to your new hobbies, we have prepared an article on drawing today. More specifically we are here to provide a few tutorials and to teach you how to draw a rose step by step. We have also prepared a few gorgeous drawings you can take inspiration from. So, grab a pad and a pencil and start letting your creativity flow.
Tutorials, pictures, we have it all
How to draw a rose step by step – easy 7 step tutorial
- Start by drawing a cone with a circular bottom as if you are looking at the rose from an angle, so you can see the top as well as the side of the rose.
- In the center draw petals in circular shapes as shown in the photo bellow.
- Keep adding petals but as you near the outwards corners of the rose the petals should be rounding out more. You can see in the photos below how the petals need to look and how to layer them.
- Outline the outer side of the body of the rose so it fits well with the petals.
- Now it is time to draw the bulb. Keep in mind, however, that we only see a small part of it, because of the angle in which we have drawn the rose.
- Add two vertical lines for the stem.
- Add the leaf and add a bit of shading to add depth to your drawing.
This is such an easy tutorial
Flower drawing step by step
- Start by making the general outline. A circle on the top plus the bulb and the stem.
- Create layered circular outlines for where the petals are going to be.
- Then start adding the actual perals as shown in the photo below.
- Keep adding petals to each layer. Finish the petals by adding the outer ones and the final edges of the flower.
- Add the bulb, stem and leaves.
- Add thorns and any finishing touches. Finish your drawing by adding some color and your rose is ready.
So simple and easy to follow
This is such a gorgeous drawing
Rose drawing step by step
- Start by drawing an oval shape.
- Add a small spiral starting at the center of the oval.
- Draw a heart around the oval shape making sure that the heart cleft is touching the top of the oval shape.
- Add a line starting from the side of the heart, following its shape, ending in a V shape at the bottom of the heart.
- Add the same line on the other side ending in the previous line without the pointy end.
Steps 1 to 5 with pictures
6. Draw a U shape under the heart shape.
7. Add two lines to connect the oval shape to the heart as well as a curved line connecting the V shape to the bottom U shape.
8. Add the sepals under the U shape.
9. Draw two vertical lines for the stem and a leaf.
10. Color your rose.
Steps 6 to 8
And the final two steps of this tutorial
Source: Easy, Peasy and Fun
Who says that your rose needs to be colored to be beautiful
This drawing would make for a perfect rose tattoo
Realistic rose drawing
- Start by drawing three circles as shown in the photo below.
- Add a heart shape around the circle in the middle, leaving a little tail. Also add a little squiggle in the middle of the circle.
- Now it is time to add a few petals. Look at the step by step photo tutorial below for reference.
- Keep adding petals around the second circle.
- As you are adding more petals to that second circle you will see the shape of your flower begin to form. Now you can erase the second circle with an eraser.
Use this photo tutorial for reference – steps 1 to 5
6. Now it is time to draw petals around the third circle. When you are done erase the third circle as well.
7. Keep adding petals to make sure that your rose has a finished look.
8. Now using a pencil and your eraser, define the lines of the petals. And remember the lines don’t have to be perfect, this will make your rose look more interesting.
9. Time to start shading. Start with shading between the petals first.
10. Keep shading the petals. This is a bit of trial and error. Shade as much as you want to add depth to the rose. If you see something that you don’t like, simply erase it.
And of course steps 6 to 10
Ready for another tutorial? How to draw a flower step by step
- Start by drawing an oval shape and a line for the stem.
- Add two small curved line in the upper part of the bud.
- Keep adding those small curved lines. Those will be the small petals in the middle of the flower bud.
- As you keep adding curved lines they need to get bigger as you are getting close to the outer lines of the bud.
- Now it is time to add the outer petals, which descend to the lower part of the bud.
Have a look at the photo tutorial for steps 1 to 5 for reference
6. Time to sketch out the sepals at the bottom of the bud.
7. Add another vertical line for the stem, as well as a few leaves.
8. Thicken the oulines of the bud and sepals.
9. Do the same for the stem and circle the leaves with uneven lines.
10. Add the veins on the leaves.
Steps 6 to 10 in pictures
The final step is to add some shading to add depth to the rose drawing
Source: Drawing For All
If you are into watercolor you can try this gorgeous rose painting
Now a few more tutorials you can try
How to draw a rose step by step
This realistic rose drawing is simply breathtaking
More simple tutorials on how to draw a rose
Beauty and the Beast inspired drawing
Roses are just so gorgeous you can never make them look ugly
Beautiful in any color
Now that you know how to draw a rose step by step you can try recreating all these drawings