Having a baby is such a big part of every woman’s life. What’s more, it is definitely a cause for celebration for the entire family. That is exactly why, the special day is an important task for everyone. Whether you are planning your own, or are throwing a surprise one for a family member or friend, we have prepared 50 baby shower decorations just for you! Furthermore, in this article you can find a few super cute, fun and easy DIYs for a wreath, baby blocks, balloons and garlands. After all, adding a personal touch to a baby shower is extremely important. Plus, it can save you some money. So, browse through our photo gallery to steal some ideas and try our creative DIYs to surprise your guests.
You can make this gorgeous wreath in just a few steps
DIY baby shower decorations
- love sign
- hula hoop
- gold spray paint
- fake flowers of your choice
- floral tape
- command hooks
Remove the stems from the flowers before you start
- On a covered surface, place the hula hoop. Spray paint it on one side, let it dry, then paint the other side. Allow it to dry completely.
- Remove the stems from the flowers. Use the floral tape to attach them to the hoop. Start from the big ones in the middle and work your way down with the smaller ones. It is up to you where you choose to position them.
- Use the floral tape to attach the greenery, wrapping it around the hoop.
- Use the command hook to hand the love sign first, then hang the hoop around it. Make sure the sign is at the center.
If you want you can make it without the greenery for a more minimalistic look
Source: Strawberry Chic Blog
DIY #2 for a cute and elegant tassel garland
Baby shower decoration ideas
- tissue paper in colors of your choice
- glue gun
This garland is so simple to make
- Take the tissue paper and fold it lengthwise first, then along the middle.
- Cut off the side fold, then, using the scissors, cut strips into the tissue stopping 2-inches away from the fold. Cut the square in half. One sheet of paper is good for 4 tassels.
- Open up the paper, roll it up and twist it where the uncut middle is. Fold in half, add a bit of glue and twist the top.
- Thread the twine through the tassels and your garland is ready.
It may seem difficult, but this is actually quite an easy DIY tutorial
Source: Cassie Scroggins
Create awesome memories for your child with this wish garland
Wish something for the little one like a fairy godmother
- card stock in different colors
- animal templates – elephant, giraffe and butterfly and bunny, bird and turtle
- mini clothespins
- Print out the animal templates on the card stock and cut them out.
- Hang the ribbon on a wall above a small table. On the table leave a bowl full of mini clothespins, markers, as well as the animal templates.
- Make the people write their wishes on the card stock and hang it on to the ribbon.
Once your child is old enough, give them the wishes to read
Source: Art Bar Blog
DIY for cute confetti balloons, which you can spread around for decoration
Baby shower centerpiece ideas
- balloons in colors of your choice
- gold foil confetti
- mod podge
- paint brush
You don’t need a lot of things to recreate this DIY
- Inflate the balloons. If you are using hellium, don’t put a lot of gold foil, because it will keep the ballons down and they won’t be able to float.
- Use the paint brush to add mod podge to the bottom of the balloon.
- Sprinkle the confetti on the glued spot, or place the confetti in a bowl and dip the balloon in. Press the confetti onto the balloon.
- Shake the balloons slightly so that the excess confetti fall off and let dry completely. If you want the confetti extra secured you can go with one more layer of mod podge on top of them and let it dry completely.
The perfect 4-step tutorial
Source: Studio DIY
DIY baby blocks for a great addition to the overall decor
Giant baby blocks – the perfect addition to the desserts table
- 22-inch square boxes
- letter templates
- x-acto knife
- scotch tape
- packing tape
- spray paint in four different colors
- Make sure the cardboard boxes are secured with packing tape. If you want you can use neutral color spray paint to paint the boxes before adding the letters.
- Print out the templates onto the cardstock.
- Start by assembling the letters. Then, use x-acto knife to cut out the inside of the letters, so that you create the stencils.
- Make loops with tape and stick them on the back of each stencil. Then, attach it to the box and make sure they are secure and laying flat.
- Use different colors to spray paint the letters onto the carboard boxes on each side. Make sure one side is dry, before removing the stencil and painting on the other side. Keep in mind that the stencil will be smaller than the box, so spray paint around the stencil as well to create the outlines.
- Make one box for the letter “A”, one for the letter “B” and one for the letter “C”. On each side of the box, paint the letter in a different color.
Match the colors of the blocks to your overall decor
Source: Oh Happy Day
Colorful DIY backdrop for all your photos
Baby shower decoration ideas
- 8.5 x 11-inch copy paper in different colors
- glue gun
- packing tape
- large white bed sheet
This is how you need to fold the paper
- Fold some pieces of paper horizontally and then in half, others veritcally as shown in the photo above.
- Glue the pieces together to make the fans in different sizes.
- Spread the white bed sheet onto the floor and start adding the fans by pinning them to the bed sheet. The arrangement is up to you.
- Finally hang the bed sheet on an empty wall to use as a backdrop.
Simple, isn’t it?
Source: A Pretty Cool Life
Now browse through our photo gallery to find a lot more ideas
The perfect baby shower party favors
Even if you don’t have any baby shower decorations, you need a mimosa bar
Alice in Wonderland inspired baby shower tea party
Such a cute lemonade bar
Amazing unicorn themed party
These little Winnie the Pooh inspired flower arrangements are just so cute
Simple and elegant baby shower decorations fit for a princess
Oh my God, look at all these balloons and decor inspired by summer’s best fruit – the watermelon
Baby shower decoration ideas for boy
Peter Rabbit baby shower theme
A nice picning out can be great for all of the guests
This table arrangement is simply stunning
Baby shower decoration ideas for girl