Do you want to do something new? Are you looking for interesting DIY projects that you can try at home? If you answer “yes” to these questions, then you have come to the right place! Here are some cool craft ideas, explained in words and pictures. So you can follow our tips very easily.
Cool craft ideas for home: shell of black yarn
- black yarn
- white glue
- white cord
- waxed paper
- Flower shears
- Black fabric
- Cling film
Cool craft ideas: bowl of black yarn – materials
- Blow up the balloon. With the help of a balloon you can make two bowls.
- Cover your workplace with wax paper.
- Put glue in the bowl and dip the black yarn in it.
- Wrap the balloon with yarn as if you were winding a ball of yarn (see picture below). Put the end of the yarn under the other ribbons.
- Hang the balloon and let it dry for a night.
- After the yarn has dried well, pierce the balloon with a needle.
- Take white string and wrap it around the ball once.
- Cut the ball of yarn with scissors so you get two bowls.
DIY shell of yarn – step-by-step instructions
DIY jewellery bowl
- white clay
- pink clay
- golden color marker
- butter knife
DIY jewellery bowl – materials
- Mix a piece of white clay with a piece of pink clay.
- Make a circle out of the mix.
- Take a piece of white clay and make a second circle out of it.
- Press the two parts together so that they form a whole, and cut the excess parts with the butter knife.
- Press the edges to stick together.
- Place the bowl on a baking sheet and bake for about 20 minutes at 275 degrees.
- Keep the jewellery bowl aside until it cools well.
- Finally, decorate the edges of the jewellery bowl with a golden coloured pencil.
Mix the clay
Shape jewellery bowl
Cool craft ideas: DIY Pompom rug
- Yarn in colours of your choice
- Rug underlay
Pompom rug – materials
- Cut the carpet underlay in the desired size.
- Now do the pompoms. Here’s how: Take yarn and wrap it around your fingers several times (see the picture below). Peel the yarn off your fingers. Take a long piece of yarn and tie a knot in the middle (the piece of yarn should be a bit longer, so you can later attach the pompoms to the carpet backing). Cut the wrapped yarn along the outer edge and sculpt the pompom to make it fluffy.
How to make a pom pom
3. After making enough pompoms, tie them to the carpet underlay and your DIY pom pom rug is ready.
Tie pom poms to the carpet underlay
Cool craft ideas: DIY pen holder made of wooden bangles
- 3 bracelets made of wood
- Balsa wood with a thickness of 2 mm
- wood glue
- duct tape
DIY Pen Holder – Materials
- First, decide how to arrange the bangles, as each bangle has a different shape.
- Take the bangle, which should be the lower part of the pin holder, and draw its floor plan on the balsa wood. Cut the shape with the cutter. This will be the bottom of your penholder.
- Glue all bracelets together to form a cylinder.
- Next, attach the bottom of the pen holder to one of the bracelets.
- Keep the pen holder aside until the wood glue dries well.
Build DIY pen holder from bangles
6. After the wood glue has dried well, comes the fun part of the crafting process – the decoration! Take tape and stick it to the pen holder so that you form a triangle. Color the triangle with color of your choice. After decorating the pen holder, let it dry and that’s all.
Hanging pencil holder made of wood
- Piece of wood in size of your choice
- Paint in your favourite colours
- abrasive paper
- felt pads
- Sawtooth hanger and nails
- Make points where you want the holes of your pen holder to be (all holes should be the same distance apart).
- Drill vertical holes and then sand the wood with sandpaper.
- Now decorate your pen holder with paint and brush as you like and let it dry.
- Lastly, attach the felt glides and sawtooth hanger to the pen holder.
This pen holder is not only a useful everyday helper, but also a creative wall decoration idea
- white cups
- duct tape
- red porcelain color
- Make sure the cups are clean and dry.
- Use the ruler to determine the centre of the cup.
- Wrap tape around the cup and handle.
- Now paint the bottom of the cup with paint and let it dry.
- After the paint has dried well, remove the tape.
- 4 glow sticks
- Glitter (possibly)
- rubber gloves
- safety goggles
- Take the glow sticks and cut their ends with scissors. Put the glow stick liquid in the jar.
- Depending on your choice, add glitter.
- Pour water into the preserving jar and close it with the lid.
- Shake the mason jar several times, otherwise the glow stick liquid will remain on the bottom.
Vases from tin cans
- tin can
- Hot glue gun
- Flowers of your choice
- Remove all label residues from the tin can and rinse well. Let the tin dry.
- Apply hot glue to one end of the rope. Now begin to glue the rope around the can starting from the bottom.
- After you have covered the can with tin, glue the top of the rope and make sure it is tight.
- Put the preserving jar in the tin and decorate it with your favorite flowers.
Cool craft ideas
Fun easy crafts
Do your white shoes look too boring? Then decorate them with colourful pencils!
Fun DIY projects
Crafts for adults
DIYs for girls
Easy DIY projects
Craft ideas for adults
Crafts to do at home
Cool DIY projects
Fun DIY projects
Creative things to do when bored