There are many advantages of taking up a hobby. Not only do you find time to spend on your own, you also learn a new skill. What’s more, if you already have some sort of a talent, you can easily develop it. Having a hobby distracts you from your everyday life and brings something different to it. Some people, for example, work out, others dance, do crafts or paint. And this is exactly what we are going to talk about today! We have gathered 100 acrylic painting ideas to fill your spare time with. So, scroll through our gallery and follow our simple step-by-step tutorials to recreate these beautiful works of art.
Acrylic painting ideas to fill your spare time with
What are the benefits of painting? Simple painting ideas to kickstart your creativity
- Improves your mental health. First and foremost, painting is one of the most relaxing activities. By being super concentrated on the painting itself, physical pain disappears. Moreover, by having your brain occupied by an activity, provides an escape from everyday problems and troubles. Painting is great even for people with serious mental disabilities.
- Boosts your creativity. Is there a need for further explanation? So, what are you going to draw? What colors are you going to use? What shapes are you going to draw? The answers to all of these questions require creativity. Therefore, by painting you push your imagination and creativity to the maximum.
- Form of self-expression. Many people nowadays have trouble expressing their feelings, thoughts and emotions verbally. Which is where painting or drawing comes in. This art is a form of self-expression. Every line that you draw, every color you use tells the story of the way you were feeling at the moment of painting.
By playing with different color combinations you improve your creativity
Here’s a few more benefits if you decide to try these easy things to paint for beginners
4. Improves self-confidence and develops your will power. There is always that moment when something just isn’t working out. Maybe you can’t figure it out, or you are at some sort of a dead end. Needless to say, that also happens while you are painting. You don’t give up, though, you keep mixing colors, and try to solve the problems in order to achieve the best results. This teaches you to persevere and have the will to go on. And by seeing the final result and feeling this sense of accomplishment, you realise that perseverance is very important.
5. Makes you appreciate the little things. In every painting there are some small details that you need to add in order to achieve the desired effect. This makes you more aware of your surroundings and the little things in life that you may have missed before. And, trust us, they are very important.
Take a look at our gallery and step-by-step tutorials of gorgeous acrylic painting ideas and try to do as many as you can yourself
Easy acrylic painting ideas for beginners on canvas – cute things to paint
Painting with acrylics is not that hard actually. Many people seem to be scared of trying it because the final results are usually very beautiful. Therefore, it seems like they are painted by professionals. That isn’t always the case, however. The truth is, painting with acrylics doesn’t necessarily require straight lines. What’s more the gradual mix of colors is very seamless and easy. So, don’t be afraid to start this new hobby. Grab yourself a canvas, acrylic paint, a few paintbrushes and some water and get to work!
Beautiful painting of a snowy mountain landscape, which is actually not very difficult to recreate
Find a subject, ask them to sit still and practice your painting skills
Colorful sky at sunset is probably one of the easiest things you can paint, which is also extremely beautiful
Very easy painting you can try right now
Every famous artist had a muse
Here’s our first step-by-step DIY tutorial on how to paint a cityscape with fireworks
Why not have your doggo be your muse
Beautiful painting, which evokes the feeling of calmness
Cherry blossom trees are a big inspiration for many paintings
This two-piece will definitely appeal to all the wine lovers
Here’s a little guide on how to choose the right brush for your paintings
How to draw a beautiful forest landscape
And a little guide on mixing colors
How to draw a breathtaking sunset step-by-step tutorial
How to paint a sunflower tutorial
Very interesting painting idea
Look at this cutie
Try this painting if you are a music lover
How to paint rustic jar of daisies
Canvas painting ideas
Abstract painting ideas
Acrylic painting ideas
Easy acrylic paintings
Painting ideas for beginners – how to paint a cherry blossom tree
How to paint a lightning storm
How to paint a sunflower
Acrylic painting on canvas – how to paint a sunset pier
How to paint a sunset with hot air balloons
Little guide on how to paint clouds
Cool easy paintings
Lion King inspired painting
Horses running at sunset
How to paint a unicorn
Acrylic painting techniques – how to draw ocean waves
What should I paint
Multi-colored sunset – easy canvas painting ideas
How to paint Starry Night by Vincent van Gogh
Easy things to paint on a canvas – beautiful landscape
DIY canvas painting
Easy things to paint on a canvas
How to paint sea waves – easy acrylic painting ideas for beginners on canvas
Easy canvas painting ideas for beginners, as well as some Harry Potter, Hedwig vibes
What to paint on a canvas