Are you in the mood for something super fresh and delicious? The Watermelon Caprese salad is everything you need and more! Yes, that is right, watermelon instead of tomatoes in a traditional Italian Caprese salad! That might sound unusual at first, but trust us when we say that this salad is absolutely delicious. You can make this summer salad in under 15 minutes, so don’t miss your chance! Below you will find the recipe for the most refreshing summer salad: Watermelon Caprese with arugula pesto, fresh mozzarella, and crushed almonds.
Let’s make the ultimate watermelon summer salad
We made this refreshing Watermelon Caprese in our studio, and it was super delicious and easy to make. We know you will enjoy making it as much as we did! In this YouTube video, you will find the step-by-step instructions for this refreshing salad. This refreshing salad recipe is perfect for the hot summer months! If you love to experiment in the kitchen and try out different flavor combinations, then this Watermelon Caprese is just for you!
Here is our video recipe for this refreshing summer salad:
Recipe for Watermelon Caprese Salad
This recipe is: healthy
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
Servings: 1 serving
- fresh arugula – 125g
- raw almonds – 70g
- grated Parmesan cheese – 50g
- garlic – 2 cloves
- slices of ripe watermelon
- extra-virgin olive oil – 120ml
- 1 fresh Mozzarella
- fresh arugula (for topping)
- a handful of crushed almonds (for topping)
Make sure that your watermelon is ripe
Things You Will Need
- a blender (for the pesto)
- a round shape cutting tool (or a glass and a cutting knife)
- a plate
Gather all the things you will need, and let’s start cooking!
Method of Preparation
- First, start by making the pesto. Take the 125g of fresh arugula and add them to a blender.
- Then add the 70g of fresh almonds, 50g of grated Parmesan cheese, and two cloves of garlic.
- Next, sprinkle some salt, add the 120ml of extra virgin olive oil, and pulse until your pesto is well-combined. Set it aside for now.
- After that, take your watermelon, and cut it into circles.
- Then take the round shape cutting tool and use it to cut out perfect watermelon circles from the center of the fruit. If you do not have a cutting tool, you can trace the bottom of a glass, and use a knife to cut out the shape.
- After that, sprinkle the watermelon slices with some salt.
- Next, take your plate of choice, and add some of the pesto you made earlier to the center of the plate.
- After that, cut your Mozzarella cheese into medium-thick slices.
- Then add a slice of watermelon, followed by a slice of fresh Mozzarella cheese. Repeat the process once more.
- Finally, add some of the fresh arugula as a topping, sprinkle with a handful of crushed almonds, and voilà!
The easiest and healthiest salad to try this summer!
Step one: First, start by making the pesto.
Step two: Take the 125g of fresh arugula and add them to a blender.
Step three: Then add the 70g of fresh almonds, 50g of grated Parmesan cheese, and two cloves of garlic.
Step four: Next, sprinkle some salt, and add the 120ml of extra virgin olive oil.
Step five: Pulse until your pesto is ready
Step six: After that, take your watermelon, and cut it into circles.
Step seven: Next, take your plate of choice, and add some of the pesto you made earlier to the center of the plate.
Step eight: After that, salt your watermelon slices.
Step nine: Then add a slice of watermelon in the center of the plate.
Step ten: Follow it with a slice of fresh Mozzarella cheese. Repeat the process once more.
Step eleven: Finally, add some of the fresh arugula as a topping, and sprinkle with a handful of crushed almonds.
And, you have the perfect summer salad!
Voilà! Enjoy this refreshing Watermelon Caprese on a hot summer day!
Tips and Tricks
- If you do not like arugula, you can still make this recipe! Just swap it for some fresh spinach!
- If you do not like almonds, swap them for walnuts! These nuts are super good for your brain!
- Make sure that your watermelon is ripe! If you are not sure how to choose the ripest and sweetest watermelon, make sure to check this guide!
- Want to make this salad even more delicious? Make your own homemade ball of fresh Mozzarella cheese! What’s even better is our recipe for fresh VEGAN Mozzarella cheese. It is healthy, creamy, fast, and super easy to make!
For this recipe, you need the juiciest and sweetest watermelon
This vegan fresh mozzarella recipe is perfect for the Watermelon Caprese salad!
Here is our recipe for the creamiest vegan fresh Mozzarella
If you are a salad lover, then we have two more suggestions you need to try! The first is a delicious Spring Salad with a Creamy Vegan Mayonnaise Dressing. This is one of those salads, that you will make every day for lunch and not get tired of it!
Try this delicious Spring Salad with Creamy Vegan Mayonnaise Dressing
Our next recipe idea is a unique one. This Green Salad with Fresh Strawberries, Walnuts, Avocado, and Spinach is definitely for those of you who are not afraid to experiment in the kitchen! This delicious salad is a flavor bomb! Try these two refreshing salad recipes for yourself, we will leave the video recipes below!
And this unique Green Salad with strawberries and walnuts
Make sure to check out the rest of our delicious recipes on our cooking and baking YouTube channel! There you will find so many unique and yummy recipes to try out. Make sure to let us know what you think of this Watermelon Caprese salad in the comments below the video. And, while you are there, tell us what else you would like to see us make next! Now enjoy this yummy summer salad!
Enjoy this refreshing salad on a hot summer day!