The colder months are upon us, but so are cozy clothes, homemade cookies, and good books. Autumn is not so bad if you really think about it. Another thing you should look forward to is the delicious and super aromatic drinks that will start popping up everywhere. From the good old pumpkin spice latte to the peppermint hot cocoa – what’s there not to love? Autumn drinks are just sweeter, more aromatic, and better than all the rest! That is why, we decided to make something that fits the fall theme perfectly – introducing the apple crisp latte. This drink tastes like sweet apples, brown sugar, earthy cinnamon, and fresh coconut milk. It is creamy, sweet, spicy, and most importantly dairy-free! We think that this latte might become your favorite autumn drink this year! So, grab your coffee beans and gather all of your old apples, and let’s make some coffee magic:
Let’s make the perfect drink for fall – apple crisp latte
If we had to describe this apple crisp latte in some way, we would say that it is the taste and smell of autumn in a cup! Delicious! Make it on a gloomy morning, and it will bring your spirits up like no other! What’s more, this recipe is also a great way to use up your leftover apples that are not so good to enjoy fresh anymore. Just take your old apples, peel them, and use them to make the delicious apple sauce. What’s even better is that you can make this cinnamon apple sauce in advance, and pop it in the fridge. That way, you can easily whip up this latte in under 5 minutes every morning! Just double the recipe for the apple sauce and the ingredients, so you can have a bigger batch of this liquid gold that will last you a week. To truly enjoy this delicious apple crisp latte, pair it with some homemade snickerdoodles or maybe a caramel brownie. Whatever sweet treat you decide to bring along, you defiantly won’t be disappointed!
This aromatic apple crisp latte is the perfect addition to any sweet treat
Here is our apple crisp latte video recipe in all its glory:
Recipe for Aromatic Apple Crisp Latte
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
This recipe is: dairy-free
If you have a batch of homemade apple sauce, this latte will only take 10 minutes
Things you will need:
- a cooking pot
- a wooden spatula
- a mug
- espresso machine
For the apple syrup
- sliced apples of your choice – 500g
- lemon juice – 20ml
- Muscovado sugar – 100g
- ground cinnamon powder – 1 tsp
- ground nutmeg – 1/4 tsp
- cornstarch – 2 tbsp
- organic apple juice – 250ml
For the apple crisp latte
- the apple syrup – 2 tbsp (make it with the ingredients listed above)
- some ice
- coconut milk – 200ml (or any other plant-based milk of your choice)
Gather and measure all of these ingredients and let’s make some delicious coffee
- First, wash and peel your apples of choice. Then cut them into small cubes.
- After that, add the apple cubes into a cooking pot on medium-high heat.
- Then pour the lemon juice into the pot, and stir well.
- After that, mix the Muscovado sugar with the cinnamon powder.
- Proceed by mixing in the nutmeg and cornstarch, as well.
- Then pour the dry ingredients and spices into the cooking pot with the apples, and stir well.
- After that, add the organic apple juice into the pot, and continue stirring the mixture well.
- Make a reduction for around 9 minutes.
- Then remove from the heat, and pour the apple sauce into a separate container.
- After that, add some of the apple sauce to your mug of choice.
- Then proceed by adding the ice cubes.
- Next, add the coconut milk or any other milk alternative you are using.
- After that, make your espresso shot.
- Finally, top up your cup with the fresh espresso shot, mix with a spoon, and enjoy!
Your delicious apple crisp latte is all done!
1st Step: First, wash and peel your apples of choice. Then cut them into small cubes.
2nd Step: After that, add the apples into a pot on medium-high heat. Then pour the lemon juice and stir well.
3rd Step: After that, mix the Muscovado sugar with the cinnamon powder.
4th Step: Proceed by mixing in the nutmeg and cornstarch, as well.
5th Step: Then pour the dry ingredients and spices into the cooking pot with the apples, and stir well.
6th Step: After that, add the organic apple juice into the pot.
7th Step: And, continue stirring the mixture well.
8th Step: Make a reduction for around 9 minutes.
9th Step: Then remove from the heat, and pour the apple sauce into a separate container.
10th Step: After that, add some of the apple sauce to your mug of choice.
11th Step: Then proceed by adding the ice cubes.
12th Step: Next, add the coconut milk or any other milk alternative you are using.
13th Step: After that, make your espresso shot.
14th Step: Finally, top up your cup with the fresh espresso shot, mix with a spoon, and enjoy!
Voilà! The perfect aromatic drink for an Autumn morning or a gloomy afternoon
This apple crisp latte is best paired with delicious homemade baked goods
That was the end of our delicious journey! Make sure to check out the rest of our yummy recipes on our cooking and baking YouTube channel! There you will find so many unique and tasty recipes to try out like this Fall Sangria recipe or Quick Coffee Smoothie. You can find everything from healthy dessert dupes to well-known classic dishes with a twist. Make sure to let us know what you think of this apple crisp latte recipe in the comments below the video. And, while you are there, tell us what else you would like to see us make next! Now enjoy this yummy apple crisp latte!
This apple crisp latte recipe is the taste and smell of Autumn in a mug!