Easy and Crispy Savory Bread with Yogurt, Cherry Tomatoes & Fresh Rosemary
Are you looking for a delicious bread recipe that is also healthy and super easy to make? Well, look no further because this crispy savory bread has it all! It is made with healthy ingredients like yogurt, full of probiotics, whole wheat flour, eggs, cherry tomatoes, and fresh rosemary. This bread loaf is the perfect Autumn baking contender with its simplicity, delicious taste, and aromatic ingredients. Make this tasty savory treat on a gloomy Autumn afternoon and let it amaze you with its taste and quick preparation. In addition, this recipe takes only 1 hour including the baking of the bread! There is no doubt in our minds that your whole family will absolutely love this bread loaf on its own or paired with a delicious fall soup. So, without further ado, let’s get to baking:
Let’s make some magic in the kitchen with this cherry tomato bread recipe
The beauty of this savory bread recipe is in its simplicity and delicious taste. Fresh rosemary and oregano add a delicious kick to the bread, and the sweet cherry tomatoes make it sweet and juicy. Nevertheless, this savory bread is crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. The ingredients we will use are all healthy alternatives that make this bread a healthier option than most. We suggest that you make this divine bread for a family dinner as a tasty addition to your Autumn menu. Below, you will find our video recipe for this crispy bread. Make sure to take a look at it, and leave a comment if you liked it! This will motivate us to bring more delicious recipes to you. What’s more, if you want to see us make something in particular, just leave us a comment! 🙂
Want to make this delicious savory bread for the whole family? We got you!
Here is our video recipe for this delicious savory bread
Recipe for Easy Savory Bread with Yogurt, Cherry Tomatoes & Fresh Rosemary
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 50 minutes
There is no doubt in our minds that you will absolutely love this delicious and easy savory bread recipe. It is the perfect addition to almost every meal, but it is also delicious enough for you to eat it on its own! And, finally, we want to mention that this bread recipe is free from white flour, and does not contain yeast. Instead, we use delicious yogurt, which is one of the best probiotic foods that promote gut health! So, if you cannot go without baked goods, this healthy bread alternative is THE recipe for you! Let’s see what you will need to make it below:
Can you believe this easy savory bread recipe takes only 1 hour?
Things you will need:
- 2 large bowls
- a whisk
- a spatula
- a bread baking tin
- baking paper
- yogurt – 200 g (you can use Greek yogurt, both full-fat or skim)
- baking soda – 1/2 tsp.
- apple cider vinegar – 1 tsp. (Learn how to make your own homemade apple cider vinegar here)
- whole wheat flour – 250 g
- Pink Himalayan salt – 1 tsp
- dried oregano – 1 tsp
- egg – 1 pc
- extra-virgin olive oil – 50 ml
- lukewarm water – 100 ml
- cherry tomatoes in halves – 100 g
- fresh rosemary springs
- homemade basil pesto (for serving)
Gather all of the ingredients and let’s get to baking
- First, preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius and line the baking tray with paper for baking.
- After that, in a big bowl, mix the yogurt with the baking soda.
- Then add the vinegar and whisk well. Stir and allow the mixture to increase in size.
- Then, in another bowl, mix the whole wheat flour with the salt and dried oregano. Mix again.
- After that, add the yogurt mixture to the dry ingredients.
- Proceed by adding the egg, olive oil, and water, as well.
- Stir everything until you have a homogeneous mixture with the consistency of cake batter.
- Then pour the mixture into the prepared bread baking tin, smooth it using the spatula, and top with the cherry tomato slices and fresh rosemary sprigs.
- After that, bake the bread at 180 degrees Celsius for around 50 min.
- Then let the finished bread cool and remove it carefully from the tin.
- Finally, serve this easy savory bread in slices and drizzle them with homemade basil pesto.
Voilà! In just 1 hour, you will make this crispy and delicious savory bread
Step 1: First, preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius and line the baking tray with paper for baking.
Step 2: After that, in a big bowl, mix the yogurt with the baking soda.
Step 3: Then add the vinegar and whisk well. Stir and allow the mixture to increase in size.
Step 4: Then, in another bowl, mix the whole wheat flour with the salt and dried oregano. Mix again.
Step 5: After that, add the yogurt mixture to the dry ingredients.
Step 6: Proceed by adding the egg.
Step 7: And, the olive oil.
Step 8: And, finally, add the water.
Step 9: Stir everything until you have a homogeneous mixture with the consistency of cake batter.
Step 10: Then pour the mixture into the prepared bread baking tin, and smooth it using the spatula.
Step 11: After that, cut the cherry tomatoes into halves.
Step 12: Top the bread with the cherry tomato slices.
Step 13: Finally, add the fresh rosemary sprigs on top, as well.
Step 14: After that, bake the bread at 180 degrees Celsius for around 50 min.
Step 15: Then let the finished bread cool and remove it carefully from the tin.
Finally, serve this easy savory bread in slices and drizzle them with homemade basil pesto
It is best to enjoy this easy savory bread while it is still warm
Cut it with a sharp bread knife, drizzle some basil pesto, and enjoy!
That was the end of our delicious journey! Make sure to check out the rest of our yummy recipes on our cooking and baking YouTube channel! There you will find so many unique and tasty recipes to try out like this Watermelon Caprese or Creamy Coconut Rice Pudding Cake. You can find everything from healthy dessert dupes to well-known classic dishes with a twist. Make sure to let us know what you think of this Healthy Savory Bread in the comments below the video. And, while you are there, tell us what else you would like to see us make next! Now enjoy this yummy soft savory bread!
Time to bite into this delicious baked goodness