How To Maintain Your Glass-Ceramic Stove Top (5 Essential Tips)
Almost every home nowadays has a glass-ceramic stove top. They are extremely fast and easy to use and clean, and we can prepare our favorite dishes in no time. But do you know how to actually maintain your stove top? If you want to maintain your glass-ceramic stove top in top-notch condition, you need to follow some basic rules. In this guide, we will show you the things you should and the things you should not do with your glass-ceramic hob. So, if you want to learn how to actually maintain your glass-ceramic stove top and keep it looking shiny and new always, keep reading!
It is time to learn how to maintain your glass-ceramic stove top shiny and new
So, take a look at the following tips and tricks
How To Maintain Your Glass-Ceramic Stove Top in Perfect Condition
#Choose your cookware carefully
When using a ceramic or glass cook top, you need to be extra careful and choose cookware that is not likely to damage the smooth surface. Always avoid using ceramic cookware with rough bases. When removing trays from the oven, do not place them on the glass hob. Do you have a cast iron skillet that you love? Unfortunately, you will have to keep it away from the stove top. Cast iron cookware is usually very rough, and any movement of a cast iron pot or pan on the countertop can leave scratches. Finally, pans with rounded bottoms are also not recommended. A rounded edge can lead to uneven heat distribution. So, choose cookware that fits on the stove top and when your old cookware starts to warp, replace it!
When using a ceramic-glass cook top, don’t cook with cast iron pans
Choose cookware that fits on the stove top and when it starts to warp, replace it
#Be careful when handling cookware
Now that you are sure you have the right cookware, it is important to handle it properly to keep your cook top looking brand new. When working with heavy pots, pans and utensils, avoid dragging them across the stove top. Dragging cookware can cause scratches. Also, check that the bottoms of pans and pots are clean before cooking. Rings and marks can form on the cook top which are very difficult to scrub off. This is usually due to a build-up of grease on the bottom of the cookware, which can basically fall off the hob when heated. So, keep these things in mind!
When working with heavy pots and pans, avoid dragging them across the stove top
Rings and marks can form on the cook top which are very difficult to scrub off
#Use the right cleaning methods
Regular cleaning and maintenance will help your countertop stay beautiful and shiny. If you find with a crust of food or grease on the glass hob, don’t panic immediately. Instead, get a special countertop cleaner or just a sponge and some dish detergent. Follow the cleaning methods below if you want to keep your glass-ceramic stove top in perfect condition.
Regular cleaning will keep your countertop looking beautiful and shiny
#What NOT to do
- Never use abrasive cleaners, scrubbers or metal pads on your glass hob – they can cause serious scratches.
- Never leave or place anything too heavy on a glass cook top, even temporarily. Although the glass may seem like it can withstand the weight, once the countertop heats up, the surface will expand slightly and may break or chip.
- In addition, never place hot glass bakeware to cool on a smooth glass countertop. The glass baking dish should be placed on a dry towel or mat. Direct contact between a hot surface and a cold surface may result in breakage.
Never use abrasive cleaners, scrubbers or metal pads on your glass hob
#What to do instead
- Spray a little white vinegar on the countertop, and then sprinkle some baking soda over the wet vinegar. Cover with a clean cloth dampened with hot water and let the mixture sit for about 15 minutes before wiping. The chemical action that occurs when the acidic vinegar interacts with the alkaline baking soda will loosen even most stuck-on foods.
- Seriously sticky stains can sometimes be removed by scrubbing with a toothbrush and toothpaste with baking soda. But avoid scrubbing the entire countertop vigorously, as baking soda is somewhat abrasive and can scratch the glass.
- Avoid using commercial abrasive cleaners. Ordinary dish detergent applied with a non-abrasive sponge is usually very successful at cleaning food off a glass countertop if done immediately after each cooking session. However, make sure the cooking surface is completely cooled before doing this.
- Ordinary glass cleaner is often just as effective as special ceramic-glass hob cleaners. Just be sure to rinse the countertop thoroughly after washing.
Ordinary glass cleaner is often just as effective as ceramic-glass hob cleaners
Avoid using commercial abrasive cleaners
Now you know how to maintain your glass-ceramic stove top looking extra shiny and beautiful. So, keep these tips and tricks in mind the next time you are using your glass hob. They will make all the difference in the long term!
Now you know how to maintain your glass-ceramic stove top in perfect condition!
- How To Clean Your Washing Machine: 5+ Tips and Tricks
- How to Clean Your Iron Easily: Ultimate Guide
- How To Clean An Oven The Right Way, According To Experts
- Ultimate Guide: How To Clean Grout – 5 Easiest Methods
- Here Is How To Clean a Radiator In Just 5 Simple Steps