The shower is a magical place. You step in after a long day, and it washes away all your worries and leaves you feeling cleaned and refreshed. However, the same can’t be said for the shower itself. All it gets stuck with is soap residue, mildew, mold, body oils, dirt and so on. That’s why it’s very important to have a regular cleaning routine for the shower. However, other than regular cleaning, you also need to know how to clean a shower the right way. Different types of showers have different requirements for cleaning. That’s why today we are going to show you how to make your shower sparkle with some simple tips and tricks.
The shower gets stuck with is soap residue, mildew, mold, body oils, dirt and so on
It’s very important to clean the shower regularly. This will help to prevent mold from growing, as well as mildew and soap scum from accumulating. Plus, nobody enjoys showering in a dirty shower. It’s recommended to clean your shower each week. However, if you don’t have the time to do so, you can also do a quick 1-minute maintenance after each time you use the shower. Just use a bath towel to wipe down the walls and doors of the shower after each use. Clear the drain of any hair and hand shower tools to drip-dry.
It’s very important to clean the shower regularly
How To Clean a Shower
Cleaning a shower doesn’t have to be a hard task. You just need to know what to do, according to the type of shower you own. That’s why today we are going to take a look at how to tackle pretty much every shower type out there.
Cleaning a shower doesn’t have to be a hard task
#How To Clean a Fiberglass Shower
One of the most popular types of showers in homes. This is because they are quite easy to install and not that expensive. And another bonus is that they are easy to keep clean, even with just household ingredients. Just remember to not use any abrasive scrubbing tools on the shower as you can scratch the surface.
One of the most popular types of showers in homes
- Take out all the bottles, accessories and other things from the shower. Then spray down the whole area with the shower cleaner. Or make your own shower cleaner using equal parts vinegar and dish soap and use it instead. With the brush clean all the corners and around the faucets.
- When it comes to the shower floor, just sprinkle it with some baking soda while it is still wet from the shower cleaner. Then let everything sit for around ten minutes.
- Scrub everything with the brush and then wash everything away with some water. Take an old towel and wipe any excess water.
Fiberglass showers are quite easy to install and not that expensive
#How To Clean a Tile Shower
These types of showers are great as they are super durable, and they don’t require much maintenance. However, the main issue with them is that the grout in between the tiles is a great place for mildew, grime, and mold to thrive.
These types of showers are great as they are super durable
- Tile Cleaner or vinegar and dish soap mixture
- Baking soda and vinegar mixture
- Brush (soft-bristle)
- Grout brush or old toothbrush
- Take out everything from the shower. Then spray the tiles with some tile cleaner or a mixture of equal parts dish soap and vinegar.
- Let the cleaner sit for some time. This will help the solution to loosen up any dirt, scum and hard water-deposits. Then scrub everything with the soft brush.
- Rinse off everything with water and remove any excess water with an old towel.
- Now it’s time to tackle the grout. Just make a mixture a solution of one part vinegar and two parts baking soda. Then with a grout brush or an old toothbrush scrub the grout lines for five minutes. Then rinse them and dry.
The grout in between the tiles is a great place for mildew, grime, and mold to thrive
#How To Clean a Stone Shower
This type of shower is a real beauty. Made from marble, granite and other types of natural stone, a stone shower requires more care when it comes to cleaning. This type of material is very vulnerable to stains, as well as scratches, so it’s important to not use ant harsh cleaners or ingredients.
This type of shower is a real beauty
- Stoner cleaning solution or mild dish soap
- Sponge or microfiber cloth
- Soft towel
- Take out everything from the shower. Make sure to use a cleaner that is specifically designed for the type of stone you have. Or if you don’t have some on hand, you can use a tiny bit of mild dish soap mixed in with some water. The take your sponge or cloth and gently buff.
- After that just rinse everything off and dry with the towel. Make sure to polish the shower weekly and use a stone sealer at least twice a year.
A stone shower requires more care when it comes to cleaning
#How To Clean a Glass Shower Doors
Most showers come with glass doors. While it looks great, they can quickly become dirty, and they get water stains really easy. However, we are going to show you how to clean them to perfection.
- Vinegar and dish soap solution
- Microfiber cloth
- First make your vinegar and dish soap solution. Warm up some white vinegar in the microwave and then add in the same amount of dish soap. Pour the mix into a spray bottle and spray down all sides of the glass doors.
- Let it sit for around half an hour and then take a damp sponge filled with clean water. Wipe down the cleaning solution and then dry the glass with the cloth.
Most showers come with glass doors
#How To Clean a Shower Head
While the shower head may be dispensing clean water, it can build up in mineral deposits. This is something you don’t want falling into your freshly washed hair. Make sure to do this at least once a month.
- Plastic bag
- White vinegar
- Rubber band
- Take the plastic bag and fill it up with the vinegar. Then slip it onto the shower head. Secure it with the ribber band. Leave it on for at least an hour before removing the bag.
- Turn on the water to flush out the vinegar and then dry and polish off the shower head with the cloth.
While the shower head may be dispensing clean water, it can build up in mineral deposits
#How To Clean a Shower Drain
The shower drain needs to be kept nice and clean in order for the water to drain properly. So, how do you do that? Make sure to always remove any hair after showering and unclog the drain if you need to. You can always use a wire hanger or store-bought solutions that will dissolve any gunk stuck inside.
The shower drain needs to be kept nice and clean in order for the water to drain properly
#How To Clean Shower Curtains
Did you know that you can clean shower curtains and liners in the washing machine? Yep, that’s right. This is an easy, quick and hassle-free method. Just make sure to put them on a gentle cycle in warm water and that’s it. Then just rehang them and let them air dry.
This is an easy, quick and hassle-free method
These were the best methods when it comes to how to clean a shower. We hope you found this article useful. Now you can go and make your shower at home sparkle from cleanliness. And while you are at it why not add some beautiful bathroom plants?
Now you can go and make your shower at home sparkle from cleanliness