Well, holiday season is officially upon us. And,yes, the year has been crazy, there is a lot of uncertainty going forward, that, however, doesn’t mean that we shouldn’t be excited for one of the best holidays of the year – Christmas. And, I don’t know if you agree, but I personally think that once Halloween has passed, it is time to get into the Christmas spirit. So, if you have already started buying decorations, or thinking of the perfect gifts for your loved ones, then this article is just for you. In it, we have gathered 50 cute Christmas nail designs, which are so festive, they will definitely get you into the mood to celebrate. What’s more, they are colorful and fun, which means that they will also bring some positivity into your life.
Christmas is coming to town with these awesome Christmas nails
What are the most popular colors for Christmas nail designs?
It probably will come as no surprise that the most popular colors for Christmas nails are the ever so festive red and green. These are the colors of the holiday, which is why they are preferred for these festive manicures. What’s more, after all, the holiday takes place in the winter. That is exactly why white is the third most popular color. White and icy blue resemble snow and ice and are perfect for people who want to try something a bit more different and creative. The combination of black and gold is also very popular especially around New Year’s Eve.
Red is just such a beautiful color, pair it with white and you have yourself the perfect Christmas nail colors
Now let’s get to a few DIYs you can tray at home
How do you do Christmas nails at home?
- Apply a top base coat and use white for base.
- Use a thin striping brush to draw two horizontal and two vertical swirls with red nail polish. Then fill them with the red nail polish.
- In order to finalize the candy look, add a few more curved lines.
- Finally, add a gold rhinestone in the middle and cover with top coat.
Super cute DIY nail tutorial, using stamps
These nails are just too cute
And this marble Christmas tree nail decoration is simply gorgeous
DIY nail tutorial
- Of course, you need to start with the application of the base coat with white nail polish on top.
- Keep your cuticles safe with tape or liquid latex.
- In a small dish mix water with green nail polish in different shades and use a toothpick to create the desired pattern. Dip your finger into the water and pull it out slowly.Remove the liquid latex
- Place vinyl stickers on your nails to create the outline of a Christmas tree. Paint the bottom part of your nails in black and add white dots.
- Add a star shaped stud to the top of the tree and decorate it with glitter.
- Finish with a top coat.
These Christmas acrylic nails are just breathtaking
Christmas take on the famous French manicure
DIY French manicure
- Start by applying base coat and cover with nude nail polish.
- Create the French tip using white nail polish.
- Add a second line under the white one with green nail polish, spreading it out a bit to make it resemble a Christmas tree twig.
- Decorate with small red dots and underline them with a striping brush, using white nail polish. Finish with a top coat.
Cute Christmas stocking nail decoration tutorial
Once again proof that red and white are the Christmas color combination
Simple and easy nail design you can recreate yourself
How do you make easy nail designs?
- Start with the base coat and top with white nail polish.
- Form a triangle on your nail using striping tape.
- Add green dots to the middle in different sizes and shades of green. Remove the tape and add a star shaped stud on the top.
- Finish with top coat.
Here’s 10 really simple designs
Rose gold nails
How do you paint your nails for Christmas?
- Start by applying base coat and cover with white nail polish.
- To create the bauble make a circle with a rose gold glittery nail polish.
- Use a striping brush and draw a ribbon and a bow as shown in the photo above.
- Finally add a small rhinestone in the middle of the bow and apply the top coat.
DIY icy blue nails for winter
Christmas nails 2020
- Apply the base coat and top with sparkly blue nail polish.
- Use a striping brush to draw icicles on the top of your nail. Underline the icicles with blue nail polish.
- Add some snowflakes and dots and fill the gaps between the icicles with blue nail polish.
- Apply acrylic powder and top coat.
Do you want more DIYs – here you are
Cute Christmas nails
- Start by applying the base coat.
- To create the bear use white nail polish and paint almost all of the nail without the top. Use a dotting tool to create the ears.
- Now use a smaller dotting tool to draw the eyes, nose and mouth with a black nail polish.
- Add small horizontal and vertical lines with red nail polish to create the scarf and add the small blue lines on the bottom.
- Finish with top coat.
The Grinch will always be a part of Christmas and these nails are awesome
Super cute Christmas nail designs 2020
- Apply top coat on all the nails.
- To create Santa, apply beige nail polish. Then paint the nail bed with red nail polish to draw the hat. Use a dotting tool to finish the hat with white nail polish, then create more dots on the bottom for beard. Finally, add two black dots for eyes.
- To create the snowman, paint the nail with gold glittery nail polish. With a thin brush draw the snowman with white nail polish. Add two black dots for eyes and two black dots for buttons. With an orange nail polish draw the carrot for nose. Add a blue scarf with one horizontal and one vertical line. Finally draw the hat.
- To create the reindeer, paint you nail in brown. With a dotting tool create two black dots for eyes and one slightly bigger red dot for nose. Draw two black parentheses close to the nail bed with a thin brush and two small black lines to resemble antlers. draw the letter W for mouth.
- Finish with top coat.
These nails are so colorful and fun – coffin Christmas nails are something else
The never ending dilemma – is The Nightmare Before Christmas a Halloween movie or a Christmas movie
I mean this combination of colors and nail decorations are so cute
The cutest Santa suit nails
Holiday nails 2020
- Start with a base cot and paint your nails red.
- Draw a vertical stripe in the middle of the nail using white nail polish.
- Using white nail polish create a rigged French manicure tip.
- Add a horizontal line to the middle of your nail with black nail polish.
- Finally, add a square to the middle of the black stripe using gold glitter nail polish and finish off with a top coat.
Simple, easy, yet super cute
Christmas nail designs 2020
- Apply base coat and top with white nail polish.
- Use a small dotting tool to create small clusters of one to three red dots.
- Use green nail polish to draw green lines next to the red dots and add two pointed edges so that they resemble leafs.
- Add white dots to recreate snow and finish off with a top coat.
Find even more tutorial to try below
Aren’t these the cutest nails you have ever seen