Gorgeous Christmas Tree Decorations Ideas 2021 Edition
Are you as happy as we are that holiday season is here? After all we all need some good old festive vibes and holiday cheer. That is exactly why we have already started getting ready for the festivities with a few amazing ideas. Whether it is Christmas Eve dinner ideas or DIY gifts and advent calendars, we have got you covered. And today we are going to focus on one of the most important parts of the holiday. So, here are a few gorgeous Christmas tree decorations ideas 2021 edition. What’s more, we have a few DIYs up our sleeves for amazing and unique ornaments, as well as a step by step tutorial on how to decorate a Christmas tree. So, keep reading for ideas and inspiration.
In this article
The Christmas tree is a must-have part of the holiday
Let’s start with a DIY for a beautiful diamond shaped ornament
Christmas tree decoration ideas:
- Balsa wood
- diamond template
- gold craft paint
- printer paper
- X-Acto knife
- ornament hooks
- super glue
- screw eye hooks
And here is the step by step tutorial
- Print out the template and trace the outline on the wood and cut it out with the X-Acto knife.
- Print the template again on the cardstock and cut it out with scissors. Pre-fold it and flatten it again.
- Use super glue to attach the wood panels to the cardstock on their designated spots.
- Fold the diamond and attach it with glue.
- Screw the eye hook to the top panel piece and glue it to the rest of the diamond.
- Paint the diamond with gold paint or cover it with glue and dust gold glitter on top.
And voila, you have beautiful ornaments for your Christmas tree
Source: A Beautiful Mess
Another DIY ornament made with birch wood
DIY Christmas ornaments
- mini birch wood slices
- screw eye rings
- glossy clear labels
- white craft paint
- paint brush
- baker’s twine or ribbon
Paint a circle in white in the middle of the birch wood slice
- Use the paint brush to paint a white circle in the middle of the birch wood slice.
- Stick the labels onto the logs, or if you can draw, use a sharpie to create different designs.
- Screw the eye hooks to the logs and tie with the ribbon or twine.
These can be used as ornaments, or even as tags for presents
Source: My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
Are you ready for our next DIY?
Christmas tree decorations ideas 2021
- glitter confetti
- clear glass ornaments
- a little bit of water
- piece of paper
Create these easy ornaments without breaking the bank
- Remove the hooks of the ornaments.
- Fold the paper in half and pour the glitter on it.
- Using the paper pour the confetti into the glass ornaments and add 2-3 drops of water. Put your thumb on the opening and shake the ornaments so that the confetti can stick to the glass.
- Let the ornaments dry over night before putting the hooks back on.
Aren’t they beautiful – they will look even better on your Christmas tree
Source: Bliss Makes
We are absolutely in love with this tree and its plaid red ribbon
You didn’t think we were done with the DIYs, did you?
Christmas decorations 2021
- cotton yarn
- cookie cutters
- white glue
- sewing pins
- styrofoam trays
These are actually super easy to make
- Trace the shapes of the cookie cutters on top of a styrofoam tray.
- Poke sewing pins through the styrofoam trays to trace out the shape and make sure they are evenly spaced.
- Cut out a few 2ft long pieces of the yarn.
- Into a small bowl pour the glue and dip the yarn in it. Stir in with a fork until its fully covered. Pull the yarn through the prongs of the fork to remove the excess glue.
- It is time to start tracing the shapes on the styrofoam tray. Wrap the yarn around the outline, then start wrapping it around the sewing pins. Make sure there is yarn wrapped around each sewing pin at least once. If you run out of yarn, grab another piece, run it through the glue again and keep wrapping across the pins.
- Tuck the end piece somewhere seamlessly and push down the yarn so that all the layers are touching each other.
- Let the ornaments dry overnight.
- Remove the pins carefully and use a knife to remove the ornament from the styrofoam tray. Tie a ribbon to it and you are all set!
You can make so many different shapes
Source: One Little Project
Cute glitter pear ornament
Christmas tree decorations ideas 2021
- paper mache or plastic pear
- silver paint
- silver glitter
- Paint the pear with the silver paint and let it dry.
- Once dried, cover with glue and dust with the glitter. Shake to remove any excess glitter.
- Use glue to stick twine and a ribbon to the top of the pear.
And you have yourself a great addition to the festive decor
Source: A Pumpkin & A Princess
This rustic decor is so simple, yet so beautiful
And, finally, as promised, how to decorate a Christmas tree with ribbon
How to decorate a Christmas tree with ribbon?
There are a few must-do steps when it comes to decorating a Christmas tree. If you want to achieve the best results and want to make your tree look amazing, you need to follow them.
- Fluff the tree if you are using a fake one. Make sure all the branches are spread out.
- Add the lights. They can go into the tree, instead of keeping them on the outside. That way the light will glow as if from the inside of the tree.
- Add the filler.This includes things that would add more interest to your tree. Like things you would put in a flower arrangements.
- Add the ribbon. Wrap it around the tree or let it flow down starting from the top. There is a variety of ways to use ribbon and if you want to add texture to the tree, you need to do it.
- Add the ornaments. Do we need to say more? Ornaments are an essential part of the tree, just make sure you spread them out evenly.
- Add the tree skirt. Finally, add a tree skirt to give your tree a finished look and have a place to arrange your presents.
Start with the lights
And add the fillers
Wrap the ribbon around your tree
And add the ornaments
Finally place the tree skirt around the bottom of the tree
The result is a gorgeous, beautiful, layered Christmas tree, full of texture
Here’s more Christmas tree decorations ideas 2020 edition
Adding a red ribbon to a Christmas tree gives it such a cozy, homey feeling
Keep it simple with just lights and ornaments
There are so many different ways to add ribbon to your tree, either way the results are absolutely gorgeous
Christmas tree theme ideas
Coordinate the gift wrapping paper with the color palette of your Christmas tree and decorations
Make sure you have enough space for all the presents