How to Choose a New Wardrobe, According to Interior Designers
When furnishing your home, there is hardly a room or piece of furniture that is unimportant. Starting with the bedside table and bookshelf and moving on to the choice of bedroom and living room furniture. Every element of the interior has its importance. But undoubtedly one of the kings of interior design is his majesty the wardrobe! And, in this article, we are going to pay special attention to this piece of furniture. We will help you understand what to look out for when choosing a new wardrobe. What’s more, we will also show you what things you should keep in mind when looking at buying new furniture! We have valuable tips from interior designers that everyone needs to know. So, if you want to know how to choose a new wardrobe, just keep reading!
if you want to know how to choose a new wardrobe, just keep reading
The overwhelming choice we face when looking for a suitable wardrobe can sometimes confuse us as to what exactly we want and what we need. So when you start looking at different models, it is a good idea to be aware of the selection criteria beforehand. For example, how many wings do you want the wardrobe to have? Should it have sliding doors? Do you want to have mirrors? Again, these questions are only about the look of the furniture. It is also important to know what you are looking for inside the wardrobe, as well. How many shelves do you want it to have? Do you need compartments for cosmetics and for shoes, or small lockers for underwear? All this might seem like a small detail to think about later. But this is the wrong strategy! You need to consider in advance what you want your wardrobe to have and what items you will place in it. That way, your choice is much more successful and efficient for your purpose.
When you start looking at different models, it is a good idea to be aware of the selection criteria beforehand
Do you need compartments for cosmetics and for shoes, or small lockers for underwear
In order to consider the size of the wardrobe you are going to buy, you should also take into account the size of the room. In most cases, we want to buy the biggest wardrobe possible to accommodate all our clothes, coats, belongings, and accessories. But when the room is small and space is quite limited, we have to keep that in mind and consider what is the right size for a wardrobe. For small rooms, it is a very practical decision to put a wardrobe extension. This way you will be able to use all the available space. Take into account the size of the room when selecting the wardrobe model, because furniture that is too bulky can take over in the bedroom and visually this will overload your senses.
In order to consider the size of the wardrobe, you should also take into account the volume of the room
Furniture that is too bulky can take over in the bedroom, and visually this will overload your senses
The style of your wardrobe should blend perfectly to the overall decor of the room. This is why when choosing this type of furniture, it is advisable to consider the rest of the room. You need to think about how the wardrobe will go with the other items in it, colors and materials. Of course, if your personal style is more eclectic, and you like to mix seemingly inappropriate styles and colors, that is your right, and you should furnish the room as you would please.
The style of your wardrobe should blend perfectly to the overall decor of the room
This is why when choosing this type of furniture, it is advisable to consider the rest of the room
# Material and Finish
The material from which the wardrobe is made as well as the covering material are two very important components to consider when buying a new wardrobe.
Advantages of basic materials:
- Solid Wood – One of the most commonly used materials that lasts a very long time and pays back to its owner for a good investment.
- MDF – This is also one of the most preferred materials in recent years, mostly because of its affordable price. An economical material that will allow you to choose a larger wardrobe at a more reasonable price.
- Glossy Finish – Creates a feeling of contemporary design, of luxury and style. Most commonly found in black, white or light colors.
- Matte Finish – The soft matte effect allows the model you choose to blend in wonderfully with all the other furniture in the room, without ‘clashing’ with any color.
- Glass and Mirror Look – By reflecting light, glass and mirror surfaces of a wardrobe seem to add another dimension to the room, giving it extra volume. If your room is smaller, and you want it to look more spacious, this type of wardrobes will do a great job.
- Leather – Some more modern designs incorporate leather as a material in the construction of the wardrobe. If you are looking for bolder design solutions for your room, leather is an interesting option for this purpose.
By reflecting light, mirror surfaces of wardrobes seem to add another dimension to the room
The soft matte effect allows the model you choose to blend in wonderfully with all the other furniture in the room
If you are looking for and want a solid wardrobe that will last over time, it is advisable to opt for oak furniture. Oak is very commonly used in making furniture because it is one of the strongest materials, and it stands up to time. Moreover, oak wood has been used for centuries, and it is no coincidence that it is very common in antique furniture. But even if you don’t choose an oak wardrobe, there are many other elements that make solid and sturdy furniture.
If you are looking for and want a solid wardrobe that will last over time, it is advisable to opt for oak furniture
The variety of models, colors, materials sometimes leads us to buy furniture that is not practical enough for our everyday life. The temptation to opt for a wardrobe that pleases the eye is very strong. But before we buy it, we should also make sure how practical this furniture will be. For example, a few days after you have bought a new wardrobe and arranged your clothes and accessories in it, you might notice how it fails to hold half of your belongings!
Before you buy a wardrobe, make sure it is practical, and it can fit all of your clothes
So secure your wardrobe selection with a few actions:
- Double-check the size of the wardrobe, its internal layout and its volume.
- Pre-measure the space where you plan to place the wardrobe.
- Then measure the furniture you like to insure against size inaccuracies.
- Check how it will be delivered and in how many pieces.
- Get a helper to assist you with assembly. Keep in mind that sometimes assembling a wardrobe is not quite a simple task and can seriously hinder you.
- Make sure the wardrobe is safe, easy to move and a danger to small children who often like to climb on the furniture.
With these valuable tips, you will be able to make the best choice for your space
These were all the best tips and advice for how to choose a new wardrobe. As long as you take some time to think and evaluate, you will be able to find the perfect one for you. Just remember that hasty purchases are usually not worth it!
Now you know how to choose the perfect wardrobe for you, according to interior designers
- How to Choose The Best Pillow For You: Tips & Tricks
- How to Choose The Best Washing Machine: Expert Tips
- 9 Tips How To Move Heavy Furniture Without Breaking Your Back
- How to Organize Your Closet Like a Pro: 8 Practical Tips