Flowers are an incredible addition to any home and decoration. They are beautiful, colorful and smell nice. That is why, every home must have them. For some people, however, looking after a plant is a real nightmare. We all have that one friend who is able to kill any plant that goes through their doorstep. So, today we have just the thing to help you make your home decor look beautiful without the responsibility of taking care of an actual plant. We have gathered the most beautiful and easy step-by-step tutorials for DIY paper flowers. What’s more, you can use this craft to create some jaw-dropping backdrops for your next party.
Simple DIY paper flowers to decorate your home with
DIY paper flowers – tutorial #1
- double-sided patterned paper
- brass wire
Even the simplest paper flowers can look super modern and elegant
- Cut out the desired shapes. Let your own creativity take control and go crazy. If, however, you are in need of inspiration you can find some templates here and use them.
- In each petal that you’ve cut, cut out two small snippets.
- Finally, cut the stems out of the wire and “thread” them through the petals.
Simple and easy, yet effective
DIY paper flowers tutorial
Source: monsterscircus. com
DIY tutorial #2
- crepe paper in cream and purple
- thin floral wire stems 26 gauge
- thick floral stem wire 16 gauge
- purple drawing ink and brush
- hot glue gun
- green floristry tape
- Download and print out the template and cut it out of the cream crepe paper. You are going to need 12 of each – small, medium and large petals.
- Using the purple paint and brush color the top of the petals to create a gradient color and let dry.
- Cover the small floral wire stem with the tape. Then, cut a 7cmx5cm piece of the purple crepe paper, fold it in half and cut a fringe across the folded edge. Wrap it around the stem and use the hot glue gun to keep it in place.
- Take one of the petals, curl it and glue it to the base of the stem. Repeat with two more petals.
- Wrap floral tape around the base of the petals.
- Create at least 10 of these small flowers.
- Finish them off by collecting all 10 together and twisting the stems around one large floral stem. Finally, wrap the base with floral tape and you are all set.
Follow these steps for beautiful results
Source: pillarboxblue. com
DIY hyacinth paper flowers
DIY paper flowers – hyacinth
- A4 paper in the desired colors
- hot glue gun
- floral wire and tape
- Cut the paper into strips of equal size.
- After that, cut parallel strips, approximately 5mm in width up to the center.
- Grab the skewer and use it to curl each of the strips.
- Then, grab the floral wire and put some glue to the top. Start rolling the strips around the wire, one above the other.
- Finally, add some tape around the stem.
Source: paper-shape. com
DIY spider mums and peonies
DIY mums and peonies
- crepe paper in the desired colors
- hot glue
- thick cardstock cardboard
Start by cutting a circle out of the cardboard for the base of your paper flowers and gluing the ribbon to it
Instructions for the spider mums:
- Fold the crepe paper in half and start cutting thin and long strips, as shown below.
- Start gluing the strips from the outer edges towards the middle.
How to create paper spider mums
Follow the same steps to create the peonies, only this time cut petals out of the crepe paper
Source: ruffledblog. com
DIY tissue paper flowers
DIY paper flowers, made of tissue paper
- tissue paper in different colors
Follow these steps for beautiful, yet simple results
- Cut the tissue paper in descending sizes, layering the different colors you are going to use.
- Then, fold them like a fan and tie them together in the middle, using twine.
- Trim the edges to a rounded point.
- Finally, start pulling each piece of paper towards the center. Do one side first, then the other.
The final result is beautiful
Source: hearthandvine. com
DIY paper flowers used to decorate a beautiful backdrop
Giant paper flowers
How to make paper flowers – chocolate cosmos
How to make poinsettia flowers out of crepe paper
Paper flower templates
Paper flower backdrop
Crepe paper flowers tutorial
How to make paper flowers easy
Easy DIYs – how to make flowers out of tissue paper
Giant paper flowers
Paper flower wall decor
How to make flowers out of paper
Simple and easy, yet super beautiful tutorials
DIY paper flowers
If you practice hard enough, you will definitely achieve the desired results and, therefore, have beautiful and elegant paper flowers for decorations